Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

iDatalink Maestro RR (vaporware?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:28 AM
ac6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iDatalink Maestro RR (vaporware?)

ok, so does this mean we are still a year away from seeing this for the C6 if ever?

http://www.12voltnews.com/blog/2012/...tion-solution/

I believe the Ford Sync solution for Kenwood was announced last November?
Old 08-26-2012, 02:05 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i know the ones for the ford were shipped to dealers this past monday. the ones for gm i believe are to be ready in a month or two. im just as anxious as you as i have been waiting patiently to change out to a kenwood in my 12' coupe. but im waiting to see if the new harness will intergrate my hud,factory mike for blutooth,and onstar and bose in the correct manner. only problem is nobody knows exactly what these new harnesses in a gm will do. its pure speculation on certain functions. we won't know until they actually come out i guess.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:53 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by red2012
i know the ones for the ford were shipped to dealers this past monday. the ones for gm i believe are to be ready in a month or two. im just as anxious as you as i have been waiting patiently to change out to a kenwood in my 12' coupe. but im waiting to see if the new harness will intergrate my hud,factory mike for blutooth,and onstar and bose in the correct manner. only problem is nobody knows exactly what these new harnesses in a gm will do. its pure speculation on certain functions. we won't know until they actually come out i guess.

I will know for sure in October or in 40 days what is going on with the GM version.
We are going on a trip with Kenwood again this year as one of their top retailers and I will be with all the big boys from CEO to our local REP.
In these meeting we have we set down and give our input to Kenwood based on what all of you guys tell us you like and dislike . Kenwood does care about what you guys want to see and do not like in the product they offer. With our recommendations to them they start to finalize the new 2013 models that will begin to ship the few days after CES in January.
Last year the biggest concern was how slow they are and they fixed this. I also pointed out we all would like to see instant on for backup cameras so you do not have to wait for the unit to boot up in order to see behind you. Half the time most of us are already backing up when the kick in.

The reason for the delay in the first place is not something that Kenwood and Idata Link caused. Ford switched alot of the required firmware around for the newer 2012 and 2013 models for the SYNC system. This required Idatalink to rework the software in the Maestro itself. They wanted to make sure it worked as advertised with the SYNC vehicles before they started sending out the units to us dealers. At this point as of Friday about 85% of the SYNC vehicles are options to use the harness in. The remaining ones will be available shortly.

The Maestro is going to be only one box itself and a different harness for each car its going into. You will then be able to upload the software for your specific vehicle into the Maestro unit. We will be able to do this for everyone who buys kits from us as we will be and are an authorized source for the Idatalink.

At this point I see the only thing that will not be able to be retained is the HUD info. Its still a possibility but I wouldnt count on it.

As I get more info I will be letting everyone know.
I have an order for 100 of these new harness options on a preorder and already have a list of 23 people who we need to call the day they arrive to get their new Kenwood package shipped out.

We will be sending these out to customers who have already purchased 90 series radios from us and who will be purchasing radio packages. These will be priority before we sell harness only to someone who has not bought a radio from us as well just so everyone knows.

Just a reminder as well.
These will NOT work with any 80,60 40 or 20 series Kenwood radio

Anyone can call me direct to get on a waiting list to call when they arrive as well

Dennis

Last edited by Double D Mods; 08-26-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for keeping on top of this for us. Please add me to your list of customers that want the iDatalink Maestro for your 7190 I have installed.

I like most had hoped for some HUD integration, but if it provides better steering wheel control, bluetooth, On-Star and chime integration it still might be worth it.

Please tell the Kenwood execs two things for me.

First, they should not have removed the features that disappeared from the 2011 model line when they introduced the 2012. One was the a speech alerts for red light camera's (User POI I think they call it). The choice of a Tone Only, SUCKS!!! And the removal or disabling of the hidden menus that let you add new car icons on the GPS maps suck too! My wife is much happer with her 2011 9980. There is probably others I cannot think of right at the moment.

Second, that they are idiots for lack of planning. What good is a Data Bus integtration feature that is unusable because hardware from some third party vendor is Vaporware? And make sure they know that if the iDatalink Maestro only supports the 2012 or 2014 GM products because they cannot get the interfaces to talk to older cars, or decide it is not worth it to support anything but the newest model - that this will be a total product failure. I'll never buy another Kenwood again.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:47 PM
red2012
Safety Car

so let me get this straight. if the maestro will not integrate hud what good is it. if im not mistaken the current harnesses that are out now can integrate bose, onstar, chimes, steering wheel etc. so where's the bargain with the maestro. with no hud id just buy one of the older units(which i had previously and worked great)and use whatever harness they use now and pay half the price for the same h/u and functions.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:07 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by red2012
so let me get this straight. if the maestro will not integrate hud what good is it. if im not mistaken the current harnesses that are out now can integrate bose, onstar, chimes, steering wheel etc. so where's the bargain with the maestro. with no hud id just buy one of the older units(which i had previously and worked great)and use whatever harness they use now and pay half the price for the same h/u and functions.

not entirely true
They will retain Onstar and Bose thats it
you will need to add sat radio module(69.99 with Kenwood- Sirius 129.99 with Pioneer and XM 94.99 with Pioneer)
you will need to add SW control module( 54.99)
you will need to add ipod cable(29.99-39.99)
you will need to splice wires into the car for dimming and sw control connections

this alone puts you minimum of 120.00 into add ons to go along with a Pac or Metra Harness
The Pac Audio harness for Onstar will not work from 2010-13 and you only have the choice to use the c2rgm24 which does not retain Onstar

You will not get all the SW control features as stock
You will not be able to retain the stock mic
you will not be able to retain any usb inputs

The HUD will be an awesome feature if they can retain it.

Last edited by Double D Mods; 08-26-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:11 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Flame Red
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for keeping on top of this for us. Please add me to your list of customers that want the iDatalink Maestro for your 7190 I have installed.

I like most had hoped for some HUD integration, but if it provides better steering wheel control, bluetooth, On-Star and chime integration it still might be worth it.

Please tell the Kenwood execs two things for me.

First, they should not have removed the features that disappeared from the 2011 model line when they introduced the 2012. One was the a speech alerts for red light camera's (User POI I think they call it). The choice of a Tone Only, SUCKS!!! And the removal or disabling of the hidden menus that let you add new car icons on the GPS maps suck too! My wife is much happer with her 2011 9980. There is probably others I cannot think of right at the moment.

Second, that they are idiots for lack of planning. What good is a Data Bus integtration feature that is unusable because hardware from some third party vendor is Vaporware? And make sure they know that if the iDatalink Maestro only supports the 2012 or 2014 GM products because they cannot get the interfaces to talk to older cars, or decide it is not worth it to support anything but the newest model - that this will be a total product failure. I'll never buy another Kenwood again.
Will make notes to give them your feedback.

anyone who wants to send me an email with concerns typed out for me to share with them and hand them to them personally I will be more than happy to do it. I can also then forward them on now to everyone who needs to see it.

send emails to
dennis@doubledmods.com

Last edited by Double D Mods; 08-26-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:20 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
not entirely true
you will need to add sat radio module(69.99 with Kenwood)
you will need to add ipod cable
you will need to splice wires into the car for dimming and sw control connections

this alone puts you minimum of 120.00 into add ons to go along with a Pac or Metra Harness
The Pac Audio harness for Onstar will not work from 2010-13 and you only have the choice to use the c2rgm24 which does not retain Onstar

ok you got me there. dennis i think you know as well as i do that most of the forum members would buy this in a minute if the hud was available. you are gonna have to try to convince kenwood that the hud would be the biggest selling point among c6 owners(and who knows c7?). good luck and i hope you could pull it off. as a matter of fact just tell them to build a harness that incorporates every function thats on a c6 nav/bose/blutooth/usb/onstar/sw controls and be done with it. just plug and play.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:17 AM
ac6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another year has gone by. This is brutal. Is this ever going to be released?
Old 12-15-2012, 08:50 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by ac6
Another year has gone by. This is brutal. Is this ever going to be released?
Yes its coming.
The Ford SYNC version was delayed about 6 months causing more delays for the GM version

The newer class II version for GM will be shipping shortly. The Corvette version will follow after. GM put an entirely different and older version of the radio into the C6 so it will take some new programming. After CES Idatalink is coming to our place and we will be handling to set up of the Maestro for our C6's

We will be able to program all SW controls
song info to HUD
control NPP via SW controls.
The NAV in HUD will not happen to the 2014 units from Kenwood as Garmin and Kenwood will have to change the firmware to work with what GM has.
We will also be able to retain the stock Sat radio tuner
and there is a reverse signal connection for rear camera

This harness will only work with the 2012 90 series radios from Kenwood and the new series for 2013

We will have these new harness options available for all our customers who have purchased radios from us or will be purchasing a radio and will include the directions from our time with Idatalink for install. We will not be shipping harness only out to customers who have not purchased a 90 series or the new series being released in a couple weeks from Double D Mods. There is select authorized dealers for the Idatalink harness and we are one of them.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:19 AM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Yes its coming.
The Ford SYNC version was delayed about 6 months causing more delays for the GM version

The newer class II version for GM will be shipping shortly. The Corvette version will follow after. GM put an entirely different and older version of the radio into the C6 so it will take some new programming. After CES Idatalink is coming to our place and we will be handling to set up of the Maestro for our C6's

We will be able to program all SW controls
song info to HUD
control NPP via SW controls.
The NAV in HUD will not happen to the 2014 units from Kenwood as Garmin and Kenwood will have to change the firmware to work with what GM has.
We will also be able to retain the stock Sat radio tuner
and there is a reverse signal connection for rear camera

This harness will only work with the 2012 90 series radios from Kenwood and the new series for 2013

We will have these new harness options available for all our customers who have purchased radios from us or will be purchasing a radio and will include the directions from our time with Idatalink for install. We will not be shipping harness only out to customers who have not purchased a 90 series or the new series being released in a couple weeks from Double D Mods. There is select authorized dealers for the Idatalink harness and we are one of them.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Major disappointment.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:13 AM
c6vette08
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not entirely true
you will need to add sat radio module(69.99 with Kenwood- Sirius 129.99 with Pioneer and XM 94.99 with Pioneer)
you will need to add ipod cable(29.99-39.99)

Sorry to bring up a old thread. Wanted to know if the datalink works with my 08 corvette with Bose and pioneer 7100nex?
Old 01-22-2016, 08:35 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by c6vette08
Sorry to bring up a old thread. Wanted to know if the datalink works with my 08 corvette with Bose and pioneer 7100nex?

SW yes
RR no
Old 01-22-2016, 08:54 AM
c6vette08
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that because of the pioneer unit or the maestro dosent connect to the corvette at all

Get notified of new replies

To iDatalink Maestro RR (vaporware?)

Quick Reply: iDatalink Maestro RR (vaporware?)