Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Next mod is new double din

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 PM
05Z51C6
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Next mod is new double din

Alright audio guru's, suggestions wanted. I am ready to trade out the stock head unit for a double din with NAV. My car is the 1SB package minus GM NAV unit. I have been looking at the Clarion NX602. Anyone running this? Looks pretty awesome, but have seen mixed reviews on it. Last thing I want to do is drop the money and start having audio problems.

If this is a bad option, what are some similar units that forum members have had good success with?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 01:56 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Anything by Pioneer or Kenwood

Pioneer has slightly better iPod interface, Kenwood nav is a bit better. Both have several price levels with additional features/larger screens.

Dennis from DDmods can hook you up with everything needed for your car in one box.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by markcz
Anything by Pioneer or Kenwood

Pioneer has slightly better iPod interface, Kenwood nav is a bit better. Both have several price levels with additional features/larger screens.

Dennis from DDmods can hook you up with everything needed for your car in one box.
Pioneer is not even in same game as the new high end Kenwoods I will release info on Tuesday
Old 01-06-2013, 07:31 AM
snakeman56
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
Pioneer is not even in same game as the new high end Kenwoods I will release info on Tuesday
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 AM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
Old 01-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Coolness
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had my eyes on two HU's that I think fit the bill. They both would use my phone for the Nav via Apps. I have been looking at the Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, but since I have an Android phone I am waiting for it's successor the AVH X4500BT to see what it offers. I have also been looking at the Alpine IVE-E535HD. It has the Android interface, but is really pricey. With these HU's you get the functions you need with nice touch screens and great features, and you can save some serious $$ and that is
Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Coolness
I have had my eyes on two HU's that I think fit the bill. They both would use my phone for the Nav via Apps. I have been looking at the Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, but since I have an Android phone I am waiting for it's successor the AVH X4500BT to see what it offers. I have also been looking at the Alpine IVE-E535HD. It has the Android interface, but is really pricey. With these HU's you get the functions you need with nice touch screens and great features, and you can save some serious $$ and that is
we have been shipping the 4500 for almost 2 months now
Old 01-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Coolness
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the feedback, how does it work with android?

Get notified of new replies

To Next mod is new double din

Quick Reply: Next mod is new double din