Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New C6 Corvette Speaker Upgrade Packages! Double D Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM
01FUNC5@DoubleDModsII
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Jude Donor '13
Default New C6 Corvette Speaker Upgrade Packages! Double D Mods

New C6 Corvette Speaker Upgrade Packages!

Double D Mods
608-568-3011

JL Audio Speaker Upgrades!

JL Audio C2 Package

$219.99

Free shipping to 48 contiguous states!

This packages includes:

JL Audio C2 350X 3.5" Coax Speakers
JL Audio C2 525X 5.25" Coax Speakers
2- Metra 72-4568 Adapter Plugs

Easy install!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

JL Audio TR Package

$169.99

Free shipping to 48 contiguous states!

This packages includes:

JL Audio TR350 CXI 3.5" Coax Speakers
JL Audio TR525 CXI 5.25" Coax Speakers
2- Metra 72-4568 Adapter Plugs

Easy install!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

C6 Kicker Upgrade!

$79.99 + Shipping

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

QUESTIONS?

CALL OR EMAIL!

608-568-3011
devan@doubledmods.com
dennis@doubledmods.com

Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

I have a kenwood dnx9990hd in my C6, with the factory speakers. Will the package above integrate with my unit? Does it depend upon the harness the installer used.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by RACE U
I have a kenwood dnx9990hd in my C6, with the factory speakers. Will the package above integrate with my unit? Does it depend upon the harness the installer used.
will work just fine with stock and aftermarket radio
with aftermarket radio you will see more of an improvement over stock as well
Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 PM
97Black
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

How much of a difference will these make with the stock nav unit?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by 97Black
How much of a difference will these make with the stock nav unit?
on the 2005-11 it will make a big difference. With the 2012 and 13 having tweeters in the dash the overall noticeable effect is not as good as the 2005-11 would be for results
Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 PM
97Black
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
on the 2005-11 it will make a big difference. With the 2012 and 13 having tweeters in the dash the overall noticeable effect is not as good as the 2005-11 would be for results
What kind of difference would I notice? What are the pros/cons of these speaker packages you offer here. Higher price=better sound?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

The stock speakers are just POS paper speakers, pretty much the same as what used to come in 9v battery powered AM radios. Any 2-way aftermarket speakers with dedicated tweeters will add highs to the sound that the stockers just can't come close to producing. Better (more expensive) speakers will sound a bit better, but the Kicker upgrade is about as good as it gets without doing an entire aftermarket amp/speaker/sub setup.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 PM
01FUNC5@DoubleDModsII
Former Vendor

St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by markcz
The stock speakers are just POS paper speakers, pretty much the same as what used to come in 9v battery powered AM radios. Any 2-way aftermarket speakers with dedicated tweeters will add highs to the sound that the stockers just can't come close to producing. Better (more expensive) speakers will sound a bit better, but the Kicker upgrade is about as good as it gets without doing an entire aftermarket amp/speaker/sub setup.

Thank You Mark for the reply
Devan
Old 02-02-2013, 10:14 AM
97Black
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by markcz
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure this would be worth spending the money on. So, in your opinion,it's not worth spending the extra money on the JL audio speaker packages over the Kickers? Thanks again. I promise no more questions.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

It depends how good your hearing is

If you're over 60 and can barely tell when the phone is ringing, then you won't notice a difference. If you're a young whippersnapper with excelent hearing, then you can probably benefit from the JL's.

The jump from Kicker to JL is much smaller than from stock to Kicker.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:52 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

I ordered mine...can't wait to hear them...
Old 02-03-2013, 06:39 PM
01FUNC5@DoubleDModsII
Former Vendor

St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by RACE U
I ordered mine...can't wait to hear them...

Just replied to your PM Brian
Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM
01FUNC5@DoubleDModsII
Former Vendor

St Jude Donor '13

ttt
Old 02-12-2013, 11:27 PM
jkbronco
Instructor

Do you have an install sheet / instructions? I have replaced speakers on several of my trucks before but want to be very careful with my 427. Looking for info on how to actually get to the speakers the wiring etc is no issue.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by jkbronco
Do you have an install sheet / instructions? I have replaced speakers on several of my trucks before but want to be very careful with my 427. Looking for info on how to actually get to the speakers the wiring etc is no issue.

Just remove door panels and rear panels
use wire connectors supplied
remove old speaker
replace with new.
Its really pretty simple
Here is some more info showing the Kicker upgrade install
http://www.doubledmods.com/Installation.php

Dennis
Old 02-17-2013, 10:50 AM
morganjo5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis,

Clicking on your link is extremely helpful, step by step instructions. The shoe laces on the upper door panel metal hooks, made all the difference in the world. I really got frustrated in the past in trying to get the upper door panels to hook; now just pull up on each shoe lace and it fits right into place. Then just pull the shoe lace to slide out when all are hooked.

Dennis, I do suggest you expand your instructions and pictures on the rear speakers replacement, behind the seats. When I opened the box, I thought you had made an error and included too many cable connections. There was no mention in your instructions or pictures of the same cable connections for the rear as the front door panel speakers. In fact, if you look at your $79.99 + Shipping site picture, it shows the four speakers, but only cables for the front two speakers. It became obvious once the rear speakers where removed and disconnected. You did such a good job of illustrating how to connect the cables to the front speakers, you might just mention the rears connect just like the fronts.

Rather than tie up the rear lid to something on the garage ceiling, much easier to use a cane, walking stick, long piece of wood, etc to prop up the lid inside the trunk area (just use towels to wrap either ends, so no damage to the lid or floor)

Suggest you show pictures of the clip on the lower lid support rod. On the first one I tried, I took the clip completely off - a big mistake. It was hell trying to get it back on. On the second one, I just slid it enough with a small screw driver to release the rod, but kept the clip on the rod - then it was very easy to push it back into place when finished. I could not completely remove the plastic panel over the speaker area - it wasn't because I didn't try. It was connected in too many places - the roof area, the door area. I ended up using a screw driver to prop open the rear of the panel, so I had some room to remove the speakers.

Suggest you mention the white plastic tree clip that comes out of its holder when you pull on the rear of the plastic panel that goes over the speaker area. At first I thought this white clip was permanently in place. I could not pull the cover back far enough to get it to slip over the white plastic tree clip when I was finished and was trying to put the panel back in place. Finally figured out I had to pull the clip out of its hole. It was hell to get out. Ended up using needle nosed plyers to wedge it out (has to be the most secure clip on the entire car) Then used a screw driver to straighten out the branches of the tree clip when removed, slid it into the holder and pushed the panel back into place.

[I]Now the important part. A big difference in the sound - much improved. A better value than the price. Can definitely notice high notes that were never heard before. All sounds are much much clearer. Either the base, fade, tremble, balance reset when I disconnected or I had never set these, because everything was in the Center default setting when I checked them.

Dennis, question on the big speaker in the door - I assume this is the base speaker? Does this OEM speaker work satisfactory? Is this why you don't recommend or provide replacing it as well? I am very pleased with my purchase from you - my suggestions are to help other novice "do it your self-ers" like me. Thanks.

Bruce in Arizona

QUOTE=Double D Mods;1583110334]Just remove door panels and rear panels
use wire connectors supplied
remove old speaker
replace with new.
Its really pretty simple
Here is some more info showing the Kicker upgrade install
http://www.doubledmods.com/Installation.php

Dennis[/QUOTE]

Get notified of new replies

To New C6 Corvette Speaker Upgrade Packages! Double D Mods

Quick Reply: New C6 Corvette Speaker Upgrade Packages! Double D Mods