Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 GS with modded audio...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:06 PM
jnrandall
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2011 GS with modded audio...

I made some slight mods to the audio system in my 2011 GS. The Bose Navigation was the stock system in this car. I added the C6 sub corner box with a 10" JL Audio sub and it's pushed by the JL Audio 500/1 amp with bass ****. The stock door and rear speakers were pulled and replaced with the JL Audio C2-350 and C2-525 coaxial speakers.

As you may imagine, the in door subs can't keep up with the JL sub. When I turn up the bass ****, the JL thumps clean while the door sub rattles. This weekend, I will unplug the door subs and see what it sounds like. Has anyone ever done this? If so, can you tell me if it'll be just fine or will there be an issue?

Thanks
J.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

If you have 500w going to a sub in the back you don't need the door subs.

My concern would be the sub overpowering the other four speakers. Your next step would be to add another amp and power some 6.5" components in the doors. 2-channel amp would just do new speakers in doors, but a 4-channel could do doors and current rears. There are several choices out there now that will fit in oem amp location.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 PM
jnrandall
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the quick response! I'll see if I can control the bass before adding the amp

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 GS with modded audio...

Quick Reply: 2011 GS with modded audio...