Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6, Bose speakers hiss/buzz/white noise!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:38 AM
ZoomnC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6, Bose speakers hiss/buzz/white noise!

I looked around and didn't find an answer. Does anyone know how to fix the white noise/buzz/hiss like sound that comes from my Bose speakers? It sounds like a white noise even when the radio is off. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 PM
ZoomnC6
Instructor

Any ideas? Anyone?? I still cant find a solution. The car has oem everything.. the only non oem part is the mild to wild fob. The ground wire is correct.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:04 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

I notice it a lot too when my iPod is in the aux jack. if its low volume it makes horrible noises and my Bluetooth as well..
Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 AM
idaband
Racer

Just got a new to me 08. Horrible white noise on the Bose!!! what to do? Is this a result of the volume leveling feature?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Pike4life06
1st Gear

I am new to the forum. I had a 2004 commemorative edition before purchasing my "dream" corvette in January. It's a new (leftover) 2012 A6 convertible 2LT package with the "new" Bose sound system. On our first drive a week ago, my wife and I heard a distinct white static background noise emitting from the Bose speakers. It occurs on all bands (xm, fm, am, etc) even when there is strong signal. The noise is constant and can be heard even when the music is playing. Also, it is more distinct when the sound is turned down all the way. When I turn off the nav/head unit, the static noise also continues for at least 5 minutes. I appreciate any advice because I really do not want the local Chevy dealer tearing apart my new vette.

Get notified of new replies

To C6, Bose speakers hiss/buzz/white noise!

Quick Reply: C6, Bose speakers hiss/buzz/white noise!