Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

@@@@@ BREAKING NEWS! Double D Mods II openign July 1 in Alabama! @@@@@

Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Default @@@@@ BREAKING NEWS! Double D Mods II openign July 1 in Alabama! @@@@@

You guys asked and we are doing it!

We have been told hundreds of times "I wish you were closer so you could install my stuff!"

Well, we now will be for those of you in the Birmingham Alabama area(Alabaster)

We will officially be ready for everyone starting July 1 for all your audio install needs
We will also be adding a lift to do other minor accessory installations such as exhaust, wheels, ground effects, ect. NO MAJOR ENGINE WORK will be done.

Full detailing will also be available for those who want to have this service performed as well.

I myself am not moving and we will still be in our Wisconsin location as all ordering and shipping of products will generate from DD MODS I. I will be at the Alabama location a few days a month as well to hopefully get to meet some of you

Who is going to handle everything for all of you if I am not going to be there? Have no worries on this
My good buddy and more importantly friend Steven Pope or as most of you know him as 1FUNC5 will be running the show

For those of you who don't know Steven you are going to love the attention to detail he performs in all his work. Steven as well also owns not one but two Corvettes in a 2003 Aniv. Red Vert and a 2012 Grand Sport Coupe. So your in safe hands with someone who knows your car inside and out

We will be getting all phone lines and email setup for Steven over next few weeks. At this time all calls will be direct into our Wisconsin location at 608 568 3011 to schedule installs after July 1.

I could not do this without all the support of each and every one of you guys here on the forum. So Donna and I thank all of you as we will continue to provide the best customer service you all hear about and expect and provide more option to best help you with your needs.

This as well would not be possible without the help of Steven as we could not have found a better person to put our trust in to take care of all of you.

Here is a few pics of DD MODS II below and keep an eye out for more details and installation package specials on many products for all of you

Dennis

Old 06-05-2013, 10:15 AM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

that's where i live yo.

Maybe it's time for cam and heads on my z06.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:57 AM
maxx2200
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job and it was only a matter of time before expansion was needed. You guys are a real class act!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:39 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by 2000BSME
that's where i live yo.

Maybe it's time for cam and heads on my z06.

That's great your close
But
we are not getting into engine mods yet...
Maybe someday down the line but just audio, accessories and detailing
Old 06-05-2013, 10:40 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by maxx2200
Great job and it was only a matter of time before expansion was needed. You guys are a real class act!

Thanks
Who knows whats next
Old 06-05-2013, 11:03 PM
opelgtshooter
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a great place to do some burn outs!
Will you be doing any protective plastic type coatings like invisasheild at this location?
Old 06-05-2013, 11:08 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by opelgtshooter
Looks like a great place to do some burn outs!
Will you be doing any protective plastic type coatings like invisasheild at this location?
as of now no
but we need tog et settled in first and then adjust from there on what all we can handle for everyone
Old 07-16-2013, 04:25 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice lookin shop you have there Dennis.

Maybe DDMIII will be out west!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 711 Likes on 470 Posts

I had my new kenwood installed here yesterday. I'm VERY pleased to say the least
I'll start a thread sunday about it. but for now lets just say Steven is Da-Man when it comes to car stereo install !!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
My good buddy and more importantly friend Steven Pope or as most of you know him as 1FUNC5 will be running the show

For those of you who don't know Steven you are going to love the attention to detail he performs in all his work.
Biggest under statement ever made !! His attention to detail is second to none. He would NOT let me leave the shop till my install was perfect.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Cowboy26a
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Dennis, this is Pat in Alabama. Steven called me today and told me to bring my 03 Vert in Tuesday morning for the Kenwood install. I am really looking forward to getting the system installed. Thanks for everything. Pat

Last edited by Cowboy26a; 07-19-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:46 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by TheVettePirate
I had my new kenwood installed here yesterday. I'm VERY pleased to say the least
I'll start a thread sunday about it. but for now lets just say Steven is Da-Man when it comes to car stereo install !!!!
Biggest under statement ever made !! His attention to detail is second to none. He would NOT let me leave the shop till my install was perfect.
sounds like he had some fun from the past install too

Thanks again John! Sorry I was not around but the next best thing was to have Steven there Couldn't do this without him!

Make sure you get the rebate for the 990 sent in within 30 days too. Kenwood has changed the time limit on getting the rebate mailed in

Dennis
Old 07-19-2013, 10:49 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Cowboy26a
Dennis, this is Pat in Alabama. Steven called me today and told me to bring my 03 Vert in Tuesday morning for the Kenwood install. I am really looking forward to getting the system installed. Thanks for everything. Pat

Yep
He told me today Pat
Sounds like a plan and he said you stopped by the other day when I think John was there too correct?

Thanks again for your business and looking forward to meeting you next time I am in town
Dennis
Old 07-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Cowboy26a
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep
He told me today Pat
Sounds like a plan and he said you stopped by the other day when I think John was there too correct?

Thanks again for your business and looking forward to meeting you next time I am in town
Dennis
Same here. Pat
Old 07-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Let me start this by stating I have zero mechanical talent. I wish I was like sfc Rick and could completely dis-assemble my car in my garage using nothing more than a paperclip, a toothpick and a Phillips head screwdriver and then re-assemble the car using the same tools adding 500 horsepower and then not have any parts left over... But I'm just not that person!

Several years ago I ordered a double-din bezel and a pioneer stereo from Dennis. It arrived just as he promised but seeing how I live 500 miles away from him and having zero mechanical talent, I had to take it to a local stereo shop here in Marietta, GA to have it installed. It took the shop 2 days to get it installed and when I got it back, I really wasn't satisfied with the fitment of the stereo. They gave me some lame excuses and I just never had it corrected.

I was never really satisfied with the pioneer stereo... Especially the GPS that was included. Then I heard about the new Kenwood DNN 990 HD. I did some research and found it had Garmin GPS and other features I really liked and decided to replace the Pioneer with the Kenwood.

About the time I heard about the Kenwood I also heard (on this forum) that Dennis was opening a shop in Alabaster, AL. It seemed like a no brainer so I called Dennis ordered the stereo unit and contacted Steven in AL to set an appointment to have it installed.

This past Wednesday, I drove an hour and a half from Hiram, GA to Alabaster, AL to have my new stereo installed. I arrived 20 minutes before my scheduled 9am appointment ... Steven arrived 2 minutes after I did... 5 minutes later, Steven was already at work removing the old stereo from the car.

Please forgive me for the rest of this thread is going to be nothing but hero-worship for Steven and his attention to detail. You always hear about how certain people treat your car like it was their own... In this case it was 100% true! I was right there with my car and Steven the entire time he was working on my car going over everything with me making sure everything was exactly where I wanted it and everything was to my 100% satisfaction! Steven's attention to detail is second to none. He must have put in my stereo and taken it back out at least 30 times tweaking adjustments to make sure it fit and worked PERFECTLY! Steven then spent the next 2 hours fixing all the screw-ups that the local installer had made.

In summary, I could not be happier with the level of service, attention to detail and overall quality of work I received from Double D Mods in Alabaster, AL!! Steven you are DA MAN when it comes to stereo installation ! Later that evening he even called to make sure I was 100% satisfied with the service I received from him and Double D Mods!

P.S. while I was there, 2 guys from the local corvette club came to hang out. It was great to meet them and hang out with fellow corvette enthusiasts.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:33 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Let me start this by stating I have zero mechanical talent. I wish I was like sfc Rick and could completely dis-assemble my car in my garage using nothing more than a paperclip, a toothpick and a Phillips head screwdriver and then re-assemble the car using the same tools adding 500 horsepower and then not have any parts left over... But I'm just not that person!

Several years ago I ordered a double-din bezel and a pioneer stereo from Dennis. It arrived just as he promised but seeing how I live 500 miles away from him and having zero mechanical talent, I had to take it to a local stereo shop here in Marietta, GA to have it installed. It took the shop 2 days to get it installed and when I got it back, I really wasn't satisfied with the fitment of the stereo. They gave me some lame excuses and I just never had it corrected.

I was never really satisfied with the pioneer stereo... Especially the GPS that was included. Then I heard about the new Kenwood DNN 990 HD. I did some research and found it had Garmin GPS and other features I really liked and decided to replace the Pioneer with the Kenwood.

About the time I heard about the Kenwood I also heard (on this forum) that Dennis was opening a shop in Alabaster, AL. It seemed like a no brainer so I called Dennis ordered the stereo unit and contacted Steven in AL to set an appointment to have it installed.

This past Wednesday, I drove an hour and a half from Hiram, GA to Alabaster, AL to have my new stereo installed. I arrived 20 minutes before my scheduled 9am appointment ... Steven arrived 2 minutes after I did... 5 minutes later, Steven was already at work removing the old stereo from the car.

Please forgive me for the rest of this thread is going to be nothing but hero-worship for Steven and his attention to detail. You always hear about how certain people treat your car like it was their own... In this case it was 100% true! I was right there with my car and Steven the entire time he was working on my car going over everything with me making sure everything was exactly where I wanted it and everything was to my 100% satisfaction! Steven's attention to detail is second to none. He must have put in my stereo and taken it back out at least 30 times tweaking adjustments to make sure it fit and worked PERFECTLY! Steven then spent the next 2 hours fixing all the screw-ups that the local installer had made.

In summary, I could not be happier with the level of service, attention to detail and overall quality of work I received from Double D Mods in Alabaster, AL!! Steven you are DA MAN when it comes to stereo installation ! Later that evening he even called to make sure I was 100% satisfied with the service I received from him and Double D Mods!

P.S. while I was there, 2 guys from the local corvette club came to hang out. It was great to meet them and hang out with fellow corvette enthusiasts.

Two more happy customers just left this morning!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Two more happy customers just left this morning!

Get notified of new replies

To @@@@@ BREAKING NEWS! Double D Mods II openign July 1 in Alabama! @@@@@

Old 10-02-2013, 08:16 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad to see you're doing so well Dennis!! Congrats on the new store
Old 10-05-2013, 02:31 PM
rhathawy
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dennis/Steven, Thanks to both of you guys for the work you did on my car. The interior install came out great and I'm very pleased with the Kenwood audio/NAV system. Steven met up with me today outside of Atlanta and did an update on the Kenwood. Excellent service.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:24 PM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

You are so welcome Bob! It was a pleasure working on your baby.... I try to do everything I can to take care of y customers within my power :cheers;
Steven

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: @@@@@ BREAKING NEWS! Double D Mods II openign July 1 in Alabama! @@@@@