Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:30 PM
c6crazy
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Rear Speakers

Have an 05 coupe that I am completely gutting Bose system with Hybrid Audio speakers that I just got from Dennis at Double D Mods. Using Clarus up front and Imagines in rear. Was wondering if its really worth the change of the rear speakers since they are just fill and are not going to be amped. If its not a significant difference then I thought I would put the Imagines on my Harley and use the Bose rear speakers. Dennis suggested i take my amp and seperately amp the front mids and tweeters thus no amping the rears. Plus I'm installing DD sub box with 2 -10" subs amped seperate from front. Any thoughts?

Last edited by c6crazy; 08-13-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:44 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

If you have enough power in the doors (you would easily with active front components) then you really don't need rears at all. However, if you prefer to have some rear fill, then stockers should be fine powered from HU internal amp.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Gnarlyhawk
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
If you have enough power in the doors (you would easily with active front components) then you really don't need rears at all. However, if you prefer to have some rear fill, then stockers should be fine powered from HU internal amp.
This is exactly what I am doing. You'll not need to replace stockers with that front stage, if you have the budget for this, I have put the money elsewhere.

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Speakers

Quick Reply: Rear Speakers