Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

are braille batteries any good for car audio

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 PM
jachin99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are braille batteries any good for car audio

I want to upgrade my battery because I put a stereo in it, but I don't want to put a huge heavy battery in the car. I've already spent thousands making the subs and amp removable and bought light weight neodymium drivers for the door, and I don't want to double the weight of the stereo with a heavy battery. So would a light weight battery still be able to power the stereo, or would I just end up wasting my money. Thanx
Old 08-17-2013, 05:45 AM
snoopdan
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jachin99
I want to upgrade my battery because I put a stereo in it, but I don't want to put a huge heavy battery in the car. I've already spent thousands making the subs and amp removable and bought light weight neodymium drivers for the door, and I don't want to double the weight of the stereo with a heavy battery. So would a light weight battery still be able to power the stereo, or would I just end up wasting my money. Thanx
If you upgraded the alternator to lets say, a 350 amp DC Power alt you wouldn't gain any weight and have alot more headroom power wise.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:27 PM
jachin99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whete can I get one
Old 08-17-2013, 10:12 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Unless you have thousands of RMS watts a standard battery is fine. A smaller light weight battery may have issues even with an unmodified car.

I have the 270 amp version of the DC Power alt. My voltage NEVER drops below 14.7v, even with radio cranked and AC on.

Get notified of new replies

To are braille batteries any good for car audio

Quick Reply: are braille batteries any good for car audio