Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Still not right. Acc power and reception.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 12:11 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Still not right. Acc power and reception.

My system is in and working in my 2013 GS. Pioneer head unit. Two Kenwood amps. JL sub and Infinity front speakers. Alpine rear speakers. Rear camera. All is good.

Thanks to Mark, I ran switched power to the white wire on the main stock connector to power the antenna. That helped a bunch. However, the HD reception still sucks. Any thoughts?

I didn't use the adapter and wired the HU directly. I dont miss the chimes at all. What's bothering me is that I can't find a circuit to power the unit with the accessory power on. I can't wait at the airport and listen to the sterio. Other than going back and using the adapter, anyone have a suggestion?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:41 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I used one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Antenna-Amplifier-Radio-Booster-FM-AM-Signal-Amp-Inline-Adapter-/261291146324?pt=US_Radio_Antennas&hash=item3cd62a7c54&vxp=mtr
It helped normal FM in my car, not sure what it would do for HD.

Either heated seat or wipers fuse can be used for switched accessory power, both are in footwell.

Last edited by markcz; 11-14-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:55 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Originally Posted by markcz
I used one of these: Car Antenna Amplifier Radio Booster FM Am Signal Amp Inline Adapter | eBay

It helped normal FM in my car, not sure what it would do for HD.

Either heated seat or wipers fuse can be used for switched accessory power, both are in footwell.
Once again, thanks Mark.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:23 AM
vetten76
Drifting

Originally Posted by vetten76
Once again, thanks Mark.
Update: FM booster really worked. Worked for HD too. I found a circuit in in the box under the pass floor that I hooked into for my acc power. Now I have power for the hu while sitting in the car. Yea baby. I gave up all the audio warnings and I love it. Wired everything direct without an adapter. System works great, except for the radio static produced by the led tail light bulbs.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:21 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Update: FM booster really worked. Worked for HD too. I found a circuit in in the box under the pass floor that I hooked into for my acc power. Now I have power for the hu while sitting in the car. Yea baby. I gave up all the audio warnings and I love it. Wired everything direct without an adapter.

System works great, except for the radio static produced by the led tail light bulbs.
You could try a power filter. Put it on the B+ wire before your HU.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:37 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Originally Posted by markcz

You could try a power filter. Put it on the B+ wire before your HU.
Hmmm. I'll take a look at that. Thanks Mark.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:16 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Hmmm. I'll take a look at that. Thanks Mark.
I'm going to try this. Eliminate the stock antania system all together. I'll paint it black and mount it either on the dash itself against the windshield or inside the dash above the vents behind the head unit. I'm not against mounting low at the bottom of the windshield. Run the cable in where that center unused speaker is. I want my bright led tail lights!

Get notified of new replies

To Still not right. Acc power and reception.

Quick Reply: Still not right. Acc power and reception.