Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hidden antenna

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts
Default Hidden antenna

Since the power antenna for my 86 is on backorder for what seems like eternity Im thinking of going a different route. Im thinking of going with a hidden antenna and mounting it in the back of the car under the rear trim.
I cant use my dead antenna, the cable broke off of the mast. I will reinstall it to fill the hole in the quarterpanel.
Has anyone ever used one of these before? Are they any good? Any issues that anyone can foresee? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images   
Old 03-22-2014, 02:53 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I don't know how well those units work but in my C5 Z06 I have the fixed mount antenna mounted inside the rear bumper horizontally and it works just fine. It allowed me to eliminate the antenna hole, too. I'd give it a try.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:06 AM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by striper
I don't know how well those units work but in my C5 Z06 I have the fixed mount antenna mounted inside the rear bumper horizontally and it works just fine. It allowed me to eliminate the antenna hole, too. I'd give it a try.
That's a thought I hadn't considered. I like it.

Get notified of new replies

To Hidden antenna

Quick Reply: Hidden antenna