Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Kenwood or Pioneer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 12:44 AM
3rdchildhood
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just pulled a PIONEER 140 with all the goodies not for me it is carp . have buddy with Kenwood DNX771HD I have been playing with it the one for me have one on way Good luck with one you get.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:10 AM
3rdchildhood
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iam running kenwood dnx771hd it work great for me.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:16 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Red
I have the 2013 model Kenwood and they are VERY buggy. I am looking at the Pioneer for my next HU. Go over to the KenwoodForum and you will see all the troubles over there.
My Pioneer is terrible. The clock gains about ten minutes per week. The unit will reset itself once every couple of months. Radio reception is terrible. I've tried everything to make it work properly. It's a 2013 model. I'm getting ready to switch to Alpine....
Old 01-22-2015, 08:55 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Red
I have the 2013 model Kenwood and they are VERY buggy. I am looking at the Pioneer for my next HU. Go over to the KenwoodForum and you will see all the troubles over there.
I installed the flagship Kenwood Exelon DNX-somesuch. It was $1,200 and a pile of chit. Buggy out of the box. They sold me features with a promise to implement but they never delivered.

There were firmware updates to address bluetooth issues, random reboot issues, Garmin issues and ipod issues. After about 1 year of updates, it rebooted randomly less often and none of the other problems were fixed.

Never again will I give Kenwood my money. F them.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:07 AM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Hardtop
I installed the flagship Kenwood Exelon DNX-somesuch. It was $1,200 and a pile of chit. Buggy out of the box. They sold me features with a promise to implement but they never delivered.

There were firmware updates to address bluetooth issues, random reboot issues, Garmin issues and ipod issues. After about 1 year of updates, it rebooted randomly less often and none of the other problems were fixed.

Never again will I give Kenwood my money. F them.
I've had great luck with Kenwood amps. I have 2 in my GS. Btw, my Pioneer errors out with my ipod every time I use it. It lasts about 10 to 15 songs then it resets the next time I fire up the car again. I only paid $400 for mine. Lol. For $1200, your head unit should be golden!

Quick Reply: Kenwood or Pioneer?