Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Buzz/Whine Back

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:20 PM
jimy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Buzz/Whine Back

I had a " professional installer " who " knew" C6 Corvettes install my sub amp. He tapped the RCA signal from behind the radio, tapped the fuse box for power and turn on. After it was all hooked up, it sounded good but there was a little buzz and whine. I bought the ground loop isolator and it fixed it. It sounded great for about a month. I just got the buzz/whine back and it was a lot worse. Another forum member said the GLI might be bad. I took out the GLI and the problem was still there. I've never connected the power to a fuse box inside the car before. Could that be the problem? Could it be the RCAs behind the radio? It worked great for a while so it's got to be something that just went bad. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 05-17-2014, 03:09 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Have you tried a new GLI?
Old 05-18-2014, 06:10 PM
jimy
Instructor

Default Found it

I was planning on rewiring everything. So I started to disconnect the amp. Power, turn on, RCA.s. I got it all apart and the bad buzz/whine came back. So, it had to be the way he wired the RCA's off the OEM HU. I got to it and it was a loose wire. Got it all back together and sounds good again. My goal is to get a 4 channel amp and run my 6.5 Focal Components and this sub and be done. Thanks for your help. I'll watch the GLI.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Old 05-22-2014, 03:22 PM
jimy
Instructor

Thought I fixed it. Definitely a loose RCA wire from the radio. Installer said he's fix it no charge. Not sure I want to do that. What about this AOEMGM24? Looks like it's plug and play, ready to go. Any good? Is that better than making your own one with an AddGM24?
Old 05-23-2014, 05:29 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

If you have the ability, make your own with the AddGM24.

The AOEM works fine, but the sound is passed through electronics. Not much of a change, but many have reported that they can definitely tell, and they don't like it.

Get notified of new replies

To Buzz/Whine Back

Quick Reply: Buzz/Whine Back