Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Installed the Pioneer NEX 8000 and have no sound?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 07:43 AM
Ktzon
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Installed the Pioneer NEX 8000 and have no sound?

Recently I replaced the factory Nav HU with the new NEX 8000.

Here’s what I bought:

Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX
PAC RP5-GM11 Radio Replacement Interface for Select GM Vehicles
Metra E-5000 relay (Not installed)

I wired up the NEX 8000 to the RP5, but did not connect wires: Brown Loop, Blue, or blue and white. I also did not have the Chime module or GPS plugged in yet. When I connected the RP5 to the car harness, the NEX fired up and was working great…The Sound was great, played Pandora through my phone…all was good. Then I shut everything and took a break, later, I came back to finish the install.

When I power the NEX back up, the Mute was on and I could not shut it off. Then the car would not respond to my key fobs, and the doors would not open. I had to open the rear hatch, climb into the car and disconnect the NEX from the car. Then the Key fobs worked, and the doors would open. I replaced the Factory Nav HU and everything worked normal. When I plugged the NEX back in again, the MUTE was on and I could not Un-Mute it? Also the doors and Key FOB worked??

I check the 30 amp “amp fuse” which was working, but I knew it was fine since sound came from the Factory HU. Now I need help as to why the MUTE is on….

I had the NEX working when I first hooked it up, and now, it’s stuck in a mute mode. Since then I’ve tried to connect the Mute control wire from the NEX to the brown looped wire on the RP5, but nothing. Then I tried to hook up the blue and white wire to the NEX, and still nothing.

Also, I did purchase the Metra E-5000 relay since crutch field says to need this. I do not know how to wire it, or what it’s for. The RP5 looks like it already has a relay in the harness. Maybe this is the issue? If the Metra E-5000 relay needs to be installed, I could use some help with this as the instructions are horrible.

My car is a 2010 with bose and bluetooth

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
A9R41C6.tmp.pdf (623.9 KB, 1159 views)

Last edited by Ktzon; 05-21-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:58 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

You'll have to look at HU instructions for the mute wire, but my gut says it shouldn't have been touched at all.

Try unplugging the steering wheel remote plug from the HU to see if mute will go away. If it does, SWI is prob programmed wrong.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Ktzon
Burning Brakes

On the NEX 8000, where does the SW control plug into? The RP5 has a headphone type jack but I did not know where it goes?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Ktzon
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ktzon
On the NEX 8000, where does the SW control plug into? The RP5 has a headphone type jack but I did not know where it goes?
Never mind, I found it...Any idea why my doors were locked?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:33 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Did mute go away?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Ktzon
Burning Brakes

I'm at work, but will try it when I get home...Any other recommendations in case that does work? Why would it work the first time when I didn't have the SW control hooked up?
Old 05-23-2014, 09:27 AM
Ktzon
Burning Brakes

it was a bad head unit
Old 05-23-2014, 04:20 PM
JAM-Vette
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow Hmmmmm
Old 10-24-2014, 04:37 PM
mlombana
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got it figured out cause I just ordered the exact same config .. where did you end up mounting your GPS antenna? Also did you order the XM module and if so where did you place that antenna?
Old 10-26-2014, 09:58 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by mlombana
Glad you got it figured out cause I just ordered the exact same config .. where did you end up mounting your GPS antenna? Also did you order the XM module and if so where did you place that antenna?
Same uit( loving it so far. attach the piece of rubber steel on the flat area above the 2 vents and place the GPS ant there. No idea n the XM as I gave upon them a while ago

Get notified of new replies

To Installed the Pioneer NEX 8000 and have no sound?

Quick Reply: Installed the Pioneer NEX 8000 and have no sound?