Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with Bluestar aftermarket bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 11:37 PM
nuck
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with Bluestar aftermarket bluetooth

I have an 07 Z06 with a Bluestar 2010 handsfree system installed (I assume since it isn't working). I just bought the car and the second owner I bought the car from didn't use it himself so he couldn't help. This is a really simple system made to make use of the Onstar buttons on the mirror as you replace the Onstar module with the Bluestar one.

I don't have active Onstar and i don't want it so no big deal if that was removed, but I can't pair my Z30 with it. Specifically the Bluestar does not even appear on the list of available devices that comes up on the "find Bluetooth" result on the phone. One thing I notice is the compass direction light on the mirror works with the on-off button on the mirror, and the little green light on the left lights up, but there is no back lighting on the Talk, Multi-Function, and Mute buttons. Based on a youtube video of a guy installing the same unit on his 07 GMC, there was backlighting on his Onstar buttons so I would expect mine to also be backlit. Does it seem like this absence of backlighting might mean a defective Bluestar module or bad connections?

Also how do I access our Onstar module? I see on the Z06 it appears to be under the passenger seat. Is it best to access it from the front, the back, or remove the seat? Should there be enough wire slack to pull the thing into view while still connected? Thanks for any responses.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:18 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by nuck
One thing I notice is the compass direction light on the mirror works with the on-off button on the mirror, and the little green light on the left lights up, but there is no back lighting on the Talk, Multi-Function, and Mute buttons. Based on a youtube video of a guy installing the same unit on his 07 GMC, there was backlighting on his Onstar buttons so I would expect mine to also be backlit. Does it seem like this absence of backlighting might mean a defective Bluestar module or bad connections?
Have you checked the OnStar fuse in the passenger footwell?

Originally Posted by nuck
Also how do I access our Onstar module? I see on the Z06 it appears to be under the passenger seat. Is it best to access it from the front, the back, or remove the seat? Should there be enough wire slack to pull the thing into view while still connected? Thanks for any responses.
You may be able to get at it without removing the seat, but for the first time I'd at least take out the seat bolts and tilt it up to make sure you don't yank out any wires.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:45 PM
nuck
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mark. Never thought about the fuse. The blade fuses fail so seldom I don't even look at that.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with Bluestar aftermarket bluetooth

Quick Reply: Help with Bluestar aftermarket bluetooth