Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C5 stereo system

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 11:22 AM
MIKE07083
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 stereo system

Hello All....I recently bought a 2000 corvette convertible. I need to change out the bose stereo system. I just replaced the rear factory 5.25" speakers with new JBL 5.25" coax's that made a good difference. Now I will be replacing the factory indash and the front speakers. I am going with a new Pioneer stereo. For the front doors I might just replace the 3.5" twiddler's for now. Later on I might go with a set of 3 way components. My question is concerning the bose adaptor. If I were to go now with new speakers and a new radio,do I still need the bose adapter?? If I go with just the 3.5" twiddlers and keep the factory amplified woofers,I know I will have to go with the adaptor. Can anyone either confirm my thoughts or give me some info about changing out my C5 stereo system?? Thank you all in advance....
Old 08-09-2014, 09:25 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

If you want to keep the oem door subs functional, then you need an adapter (I'd go with one of the ROEM kits).

If you replace HU and go with all new speakers/sub/amp combo then all you need is power from footwell.

Stock twiddlers can be used with new HU with just the wire adapter (unless you run new speaker wires), but door subs won't work then.

If you think you'll end up there eventually.... Center tub in C5 is perfect for a 10" sub. Boxes are cheap or you can DIY with plans in sticky thread. A decent 4 channel amp can be bridged to supply components in the doors on ch 1&2 then a sub on bridged ch 3&4.

Quick Reply: C5 stereo system