Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2009 Air Conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 10:09 AM
Jerry7111
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Air Conditioning

HELP - The a/c on my 2009 Vette is acting up. Sometimes it will not blow cold for the first 3-5 miles. Sometimes it is fine. I took it to a dealer in Baytown Texas and they want $2K to replace the compressor and some other parts. They had a difficult time getting it to act up and when it did, they would place it on their machine and then it would be fine. Seems the dealer is OVER acting on the cause. They will give me a lifetime warranty with the new parts. Help and answers please. Jer in HOT Texas - Aug 2014
Old 09-18-2014, 06:00 PM
ROD BROWN
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default I think its normal

Originally Posted by Jerry7111
HELP - The a/c on my 2009 Vette is acting up. Sometimes it will not blow cold for the first 3-5 miles. Sometimes it is fine. I took it to a dealer in Baytown Texas and they want $2K to replace the compressor and some other parts. They had a difficult time getting it to act up and when it did, they would place it on their machine and then it would be fine. Seems the dealer is OVER acting on the cause. They will give me a lifetime warranty with the new parts. Help and answers please. Jer in HOT Texas - Aug 2014
Ialso have a 2009 with about 39000 miles on the speedo.Lately,here in Ca.,the temp has been in the 3 digits.It takes about three mins. for my car to start to cool off.I think its normal. When my car sits in front of the studio,its out in the sun.When I open the door it feels like I am entering a furnace. you can't expect instant cold air.I now open the windows when I open the doors,turn on the air and let it blow some of the hot air before I close the windows.It seems to help.Try it. give it a few mins. to get the hot air out and the air conditioner to release cold air. Rod

Quick Reply: 2009 Air Conditioning