Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best Early C3 Speaker System

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Zellerz93
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Best Early C3 Speaker System

I have seen a few threads on this, and have looked around on Google, but I haven't found the answer I am looking for.

I have a 1971 Coupe, looking to upgrade the speaker system while maintaining the stock look.

In my daily driver I have a full system with 4 door speakers off an amplifier as well as an amplified sub. Everything is hidden and it appears stock.

For the C3s, what is the best option to go with to fulfill my needs. I have decided on the Retrosound Model Two as the deck, and plan on running 2-4 speakers off of it, (no external amp), and will consider a 8-10" sub if I can make it work.

I know Corvette Central and other companies have some options for me, but I am trying to figure out what I can make myself, or where speaker placement is best.

I prefer to keep speakers in the top of the dash and the back of the compartment behind the seats (which isn't very visible in a coupe). Preferably avoid the kick panels.

Please share some pics and let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2014, 09:54 PM
69bones
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Go to the c3 section and you'll get a bunch of replies.

Quick Reply: Best Early C3 Speaker System