Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Navigation DVD Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 12:16 PM
GuruGuy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Navigation DVD Updates?

I just purchased a 2008 with Nav. The DVD I got with it is the original version. I would like to update it and find the current one available from GM is the 2013 version. Does anyone know their release schedule (ie: when will the 2014 DVD become available)? Also, any advice on an alternative source for the DVD would be appreciated.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

I have used ebay to purchase updated navigation dvds. Not the most current one of course. Those things are pretty darn pricey even used.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:34 PM
ROD BROWN
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default I have the 2013 disc

Hi,I have a 2009 with the disc that came with my car. I picked up a 2013 disc and honestly I don't see any changes that would warrant buying a new disc.Save your money,the up grades just aren't worth buying the new disc,unless you have to have it .Rod
Old 10-02-2014, 04:44 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ROD BROWN
Hi,I have a 2009 with the disc that came with my car. I picked up a 2013 disc and honestly I don't see any changes that would warrant buying a new disc.Save your money,the up grades just aren't worth buying the new disc,unless you have to have it .Rod
Unless you've had major road construction in your area recently it isn't worth the $$ for an upgrade, and even then it usually takes about 2 years for the changes to show up on digital maps.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:17 PM
GuruGuy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
Unless you've had major road construction in your area recently it isn't worth the $$ for an upgrade, and even then it usually takes about 2 years for the changes to show up on digital maps.
Thanks, but at least 5 of the roads I use al the time, and the entire I-270/I-71/US23 interchanged has changed! I found myself driving "in a field" and then going over a river with no bridge! Both of these have been there at least 5 years.

Get notified of new replies

To Navigation DVD Updates?

Quick Reply: Navigation DVD Updates?