Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 2000 Corvette CD Changer to Aux

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 11:27 AM
2000CorvetteOH
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 2000 Corvette CD Changer to Aux

Hey guys new to the forum looking for some help. I have a 2000 Corvette with a cd changer in the rear and I was wondering how I can use the wires in the back to be able to convert it to aux. I have looked around on the forum and have seen ways of removing the radio and doing some soldering to connect an aux but I really dont feel like messing around with disconnecting everything. I have also seen the option of buying the PXDX and PXHGM2 but I dont really want to spend the 80 bucks unless I have to.

Here is a pic of the wires in the rear of the car that were connected to the cd changer.

Instead of using the wires in the back of the radio to connect to a 1/8 Stereo Panel Mount can I simply use the wires from the picture above?

Or is there something as simple as this and made for corvettes?

Old 09-26-2014, 02:27 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

You can splice in an aux input without buying any new electronics, but you need to have a working changer installed to use it.

The diagram shows a relay controlled by a switch, but you could hard wire in an 1/8" jack and make the changer unusable, or even get a plug that would automatically change to the aux input when a jack is plugged in. Lots of possibilities, but you need to have the changer running a CD for the radio to play the new input.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:55 PM
2000CorvetteOH
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by markcz
You can splice in an aux input without buying any new electronics, but you need to have a working changer installed to use it.

The diagram shows a relay controlled by a switch, but you could hard wire in an 1/8" jack and make the changer unusable, or even get a plug that would automatically change to the aux input when a jack is plugged in. Lots of possibilities, but you need to have the changer running a CD for the radio to play the new input.

Thanks for the reply. So would I need something like this?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2049722

Old 09-27-2014, 11:33 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

To use a selector switch, yes you'd need a relay. The one you linked to is only 2 pole (DPDT) so you'd need 2 of them. For one relay get a 4PDT.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:53 PM
2000CorvetteOH
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by markcz
To use a selector switch, yes you'd need a relay. The one you linked to is only 2 pole (DPDT) so you'd need 2 of them. For one relay get a 4PDT.
So I ended up buying the iSimple PXDX iSimple PXHGM4 Harness. I have all of the connections right and have a cd in the cd changer playing but I cannot get switch over from the cd to the box to play music from my phone. I have both 3 and 8 on like they say to and it still doesn't want to work. Could the iSimple box be bad?
Old 10-06-2014, 09:28 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

I could be thinking of a different gizmo, but I thought the PXDX required that you disconnect the changer when it was installed

Get notified of new replies

To C5 2000 Corvette CD Changer to Aux

Quick Reply: C5 2000 Corvette CD Changer to Aux