Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No bass from door subs on new DD install

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 11:45 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Default No bass from door subs on new DD install

Markcz and others feel free to chime in. Ordered the Jensen DD special from Dennis a while back and just got around to installing yesterday. I'm using the stock Bose speakers (for the time being) and the PAC ROEM-VET1 adapter. Still have access to all wiring if needed as I haven't buttoned it up yet. My problem appears to be no bass from the front door subs. I did tons of research on the install and the system actually sounds quite good. I have highs in the front (no red wires hooked to speakers) and regular stuff from the back speakers. But all the bass is coming from the two 6.5" rear speakers. It doesn't sound bad at all, but doesn't sound nearly as good as with the front powered subs. Markcz, I've checked with my meter and I do have 10.8v at the radio harness (blue wire on Jensen to blue wire on ROEM-Vet1) and I have 10.8 at the dark green wire on pin 8 of the factory plug. Have verified this several times and know its all correct. I have the red wire on the ROME-VET1 hooked to a switched 12v that comes on when ACC is engaged. But the pots on the ROEM-VET1 have zero adjustment. It's like they're not there at all. I've isolated the FR and FL speakers individually (using fader) and I get highs from the "twiddlers" but adjusting the FR or FL speaker pots on the ROEM-VET1 does nothing. I've confirmed I have power to the subs with the dark green wire. Could I have a bad PAC ROEM-VET1 adapter? Should I call Dennis? Help appreciated.

Update: Spoke with Dennis just now and he thinks its also a bad PAC ROEM-VET1 and is shipping out a new unit tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. Don't be shy about chiming in however.... All ideas are welcome.

Update #2: Problem found and solved. Nothing more than a loose connection. You look over everything a dozen times and continue to miss that one thing that keeps it from working properly.... <sigh> Have adjusted the pots on the Pac Roem-Vet1 and now the radio sounds amazing. Case closed with a facepalm....

Last edited by CactusCat; 09-28-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:27 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Glad you found it, which connection was it
Old 09-29-2014, 07:53 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

In this picture of the PAC Roem-Vet1 adapter, its the white plug on the far right side with the 4 wires going into it.

I believe the factory C2 connector plugs into it. I must have not pushed it in til it clicked, then when I was working with the radio, I think I pulled it slightly apart. Anyway, I didn't notice it until I went over everything with a fine tooth comb. It was one of those "DUH" moments for sure. And of course, I'd already posted my message here. On the bright side, I did everything correct so I'll just satisfy myself that its working now...

Last edited by CactusCat; 09-29-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Richard81
Cruising

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I had an weird thing happen with my door subs. I have a 2004 Z06 with an Alpine head unit and the PAC adapter. A couple of days ago my subs just quit working. I thought it would be a good idea to check the Bose fuse (28) and Bose sub mini relay (43) in the fuse panel before tearing the dash apart to check the PAC adapter.

So I pulled fuse 28 - it was fine - so I put it back in. Then I pulled the mini relay 43, scratched my head, not knowing how to test it, and then put it back in. Then my subs worked again!!

Sometimes I think electronic devices just want you to give them some attention. There have been numerous times in my life where I took some malfunctioning electronic device apart, not known what to do, re-assembled it, and then found it to be working.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:01 AM
Millerracing67
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! No Subs c5 double din install

Originally Posted by markcz
Glad you found it, which connection was it
Using PAC ROEM VET1 Everything correctly hooked up and not sbs

Get notified of new replies

To No bass from door subs on new DD install

Quick Reply: No bass from door subs on new DD install