Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

usb port

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 04:53 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Default usb port

is there a way to add a usb port to an 08? i have a kenwood installed and it has a usb port, but i would like another one, is there such a thing as a Y usb connection ? plug it in to the main and have two coming off it ? am not an electronics geek so not sure if i am stating this correctly. am not an I pod user

Last edited by walleyejack; 10-03-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:41 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I have no idea if a USB hub would work on a Kenwood, but you can prob find out at KenwoodForums.com

If you're wanting to add a usb plug somewhere easy to reach, I'd just get an extension and fish it to the glove box, but you can buy a new arm rest piece for 2011+ models and wire it to the radio, or install something like THIS.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:23 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
I have no idea if a USB hub would work on a Kenwood, but you can prob find out at KenwoodForums.com

If you're wanting to add a usb plug somewhere easy to reach, I'd just get an extension and fish it to the glove box, but you can buy a new arm rest piece for 2011+ models and wire it to the radio, or install something like THIS.
thanks for your help. this is what i came up with. not this particular one but along the same lines.

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/o...phone/11619374

Get notified of new replies

To usb port

Quick Reply: usb port