Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how to update maps

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 01:44 PM
worldtraveler
Melting Slicks

Location: Proud dad of 2 responsible adults and 1 fallen warrior txtx
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default how to update maps

I have a 2004 C5 Coupe. replaced the Bose with Kenwood DNX7019 system several years ago and added the KNA-G510 nav package. I want to update the Garmin maps but everything i read says you have to hook up the system to a computer.
Any suggestions??

Last edited by worldtraveler; 10-24-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:01 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have the owners manual handy, but you should be able to update it via the SD input on the KNA-G510. You need to buy the (very expensive) Garmin update, and then upload the update to an SD card (via computer0. Then plug the SD card into the G510.

I'd double check the owners manual (download from Kenwood's site if you don't have it), but here's info from ehow: http://www.ehow.com/how_8253206_upda...n-knag510.html
Old 10-28-2014, 10:19 AM
worldtraveler
Melting Slicks

appreciate this. Guess i misread the instructions on the Garmin site as i'm sure it said hook nav unit up to computer.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:00 PM
worldtraveler
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
I don't have the owners manual handy, but you should be able to update it via the SD input on the KNA-G510. You need to buy the (very expensive) Garmin update, and then upload the update to an SD card (via computer0. Then plug the SD card into the G510.

I'd double check the owners manual (download from Kenwood's site if you don't have it), but here's info from ehow: http://www.ehow.com/how_8253206_upda...n-knag510.html
after a bit of sleuthing, i figured out you have to buy the SD card from them with the maps. The only downloading you can do is to upgrade the software on the unit before the map upgrade.

Get notified of new replies

To how to update maps

Quick Reply: how to update maps