Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C5 Radio Upgrade Double Din

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Zoidman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default C5 Radio Upgrade Double Din

Hello guys!

I am planning a stereo upgrade for my 2000 C5 Corvette. I want to replace it with this unit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361068662653

It seems to do all the things I want, and is in the right price range.
The car has all stock wiring, and I am going to attempt to do the 2 Din modification of the bezel myself.

I am a little worried about the wiring for this thing. What sort of things might I need?

It has an "ISO" port on the back, as well as some RCA plugs.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 10-31-2014, 10:56 AM
BBNJKen
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoidman
Hello guys!

I am planning a stereo upgrade for my 2000 C5 Corvette. I want to replace it with this unit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361068662653

It seems to do all the things I want, and is in the right price range.
The car has all stock wiring, and I am going to attempt to do the 2 Din modification of the bezel myself.

I am a little worried about the wiring for this thing. What sort of things might I need?

It has an "ISO" port on the back, as well as some RCA plugs.

Thanks for the tips!

I'm in process of putting a similar unit into my '96. Assuming the 2000 has the BOSE receiver behinde the seats, check out Metra for a interfacing cable one end plugs into the receiver, the other end the new unit replacing the Head Unit in dash.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Zoidman
Instructor

Originally Posted by BBNJKen
I'm in process of putting a similar unit into my '96. Assuming the 2000 has the BOSE receiver behinde the seats, check out Metra for a interfacing cable one end plugs into the receiver, the other end the new unit replacing the Head Unit in dash.
I don't think it is behind the seat, I believe in all the C5's all the BOSE hardware is stuffed in the dash. I think the amp is near the steering wheel, but the cabling might be similar between the two.

I've picked out the following adapters so far:
Metra 70-1858 Radio Wiring Harness For GM 88-05 Harness
Antenna adapter
And this I wasn't sure if I needed or not:
PAC AOEMVET-1
I think I still need an adapter to go from what ever that ISO port is. Although I may end up simply cutting it off and soldering the wires directly to the GM adapter.

Last edited by johnodrake; 10-31-2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Delet non supporting vendor links
Old 10-31-2014, 04:12 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

If you're keeping the stock door speakers and subs functional, then you do need an adapter unless you want to do a lot of splicing on the oem wires.

The AOEM is for keeping the stock radio and installing new amps/speakers. Along with the dash mods, you would need the ROEM and an antenna adapter.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:49 PM
Zoidman
Instructor

Originally Posted by markcz
If you're keeping the stock door speakers and subs functional, then you do need an adapter unless you want to do a lot of splicing on the oem wires.

The AOEM is for keeping the stock radio and installing new amps/speakers. Along with the dash mods, you would need the ROEM and an antenna adapter.
Thanks Markcz, you totally saved me from buying the wrong adapter.

I posted a link to an FM antenna adapter, but apparently we can't post links to Amazon. oops!

I have JL Audio speakers in the doors and rears, but don't have a new amp or sub yet. I am trying to work through one upgrade at a time right now, and the next on the list is the factory head unit.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:19 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

The antenna adapter is one like the Metra 40-GM10, should be about $10

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Radio Upgrade Double Din

Quick Reply: C5 Radio Upgrade Double Din