Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Anyone know the factory rated wattage for front door bose woofer/twiddlers on a c5Z?

Old 11-02-2014, 08:31 PM
REDZED2
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 164 Posts

Default Anyone know the factory rated wattage for front door bose woofer/twiddlers on a c5Z?

I can't find what the C5 Z amps put out for the crappy bose door speakers.What powers the rear 5 1/4"? The HU? I'm leaning towards another C5Z next year instead of a C6 and I want a quality sound system, I'm handy to do it myself but I haven't done car audio installs for 15+ years now that I'm in my 40's. lol

Thanks
Old 11-02-2014, 10:16 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

In C5 the HU puts out a line-level signal to the bose processor. The processor splits the bass out for the door subs, which are self amplified, prob 50w each. Nothing aftermarket is a direct replacement for the subs.

The mid/high signal is sent back to the HU to be amplified in the HU itself, then is sent out to the four twiddlers, maybe 15w each. The twiddlers are all standard 4ohm paper cone POS speakers.

If you want a 'quality' system, ditch everything Bose
Old 11-03-2014, 12:28 AM
REDZED2
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
In C5 the HU puts out a line-level signal to the bose processor. The processor splits the bass out for the door subs, which are self amplified, prob 50w each. Nothing aftermarket is a direct replacement for the subs.

The mid/high signal is sent back to the HU to be amplified in the HU itself, then is sent out to the four twiddlers, maybe 15w each. The twiddlers are all standard 4ohm paper cone POS speakers.

If you want a 'quality' system, ditch everything Bose
Thanks Mark. I figured from the posts I have read on C5 audio you would likely reply. lol... Yep I plan on a Double D Double Din bezel with a lcd, probably Alpine or pioneer, Alpine Amps, Focal or Hertz door components and I do like rear sound so aftermarket 5 1/4"'s with all the good cables wire etc.. Im at the age where I don't need a sub. I enjoy my trunk sump for storing stuff etc.. don't want a partition etc.. It will be enough for me compared to the factory crap. I need money for SC and other upgrades when I get another C5Z so I cant blow 3K on a stereo set up. Thanks Mark..

Derek

Oh with the car being fiberglass do I need to put stick some dynomat behind the door in the area where the speakers are? I have read its not really needed with our cars unless we had thin steel doors not FG..

Last edited by REDZED2; 11-03-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:56 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Soundproofing helps A LOT in C5/C6

I did full coverage with BXT and PS Ensolite from RAAMaudio, the difference is amazing.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know the factory rated wattage for front door bose woofer/twiddlers on a c5Z?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone know the factory rated wattage for front door bose woofer/twiddlers on a c5Z?