Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 drivers side Bose sub cuts out

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Quick2
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C6 drivers side Bose sub cuts out

While driving my C6 and hitting bumps in the road. My driver side Bose sub cuts out. I cut the stock head unit on/off and that usually turns it back on until the next bumping road. I swapped the left and right door sub to see if the sub was bad. Same problem with the driver side. Wiring going bad? Any advice? Thanks
Old 11-16-2014, 06:53 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

C6 prints are HERE if you need them.

Others have had issues with a broken wire in the door accordion. With the radio playing, open the door, pop out one end of the accordion gizmo, tug on or wiggle the wires to see if you can recreate the problem. If you can find and isolate a break you could easily fix it with a splice.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Quick2
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
C6 prints are HERE if you need them.

Others have had issues with a broken wire in the door accordion. With the radio playing, open the door, pop out one end of the accordion gizmo, tug on or wiggle the wires to see if you can recreate the problem. If you can find and isolate a break you could easily fix it with a splice.
Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 drivers side Bose sub cuts out

Quick Reply: C6 drivers side Bose sub cuts out