Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 high end audio build

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:30 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Default C6 high end audio build

Courtesy of my friends in college station, tx...Mobile Toys, Inc. I asked them to keep it light...use of birch and exotic materials to keep it light plus Illusion Audio Carbon drivers...very high end and light weight.
Focal Be tweeter, Illusion Audio Carbon 4, 8, and 12". Mosconi amplifiers. Dbx driverack processing.
Enjoy.
Attached Images  

Last edited by grocerygetter; 11-24-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by grocerygetter
Courtesy of my friends in college station, tx...Mobile Toys, Inc. I asked them to keep it light...use of birch and exotic materials to keep it light plus Illusion Audio Carbon drivers...very high end and light weight.
Enjoy.
Pic2
Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2014, 10:33 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Pic3
Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2014, 10:36 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Pic 4
Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2014, 10:42 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Last one
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2014, 04:50 AM
Homeboy77
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Everything looked amazing until I saw that single din head unit. Just looked cheap to me. However, the rest of your setup is fantastic.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:53 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Homeboy77
Everything looked amazing until I saw that single din head unit. Just looked cheap to me. However, the rest of your setup is fantastic.
Something looks out of place without Double Din radio installed. I sure like to hear the sounds that will produce.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:12 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Yeah...that deck is temporary...that is a pioneer 80prs however. It has full processing capabilities and 3 pair of Burr Brown 24bit DACs. Quite nice. I tune team cars and help coordinate a North American audio competion team for Focal, Mosconi, and Illusion Audio.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:57 AM
jdalexan927
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Kit Do I Need to Install the 80PRS?

Yeah...that deck is temporary...that is a pioneer 80prs however. It has full processing capabilities and 3 pair of Burr Brown 24bit DACs. Quite nice. I tune team cars and help coordinate a North American audio competion team for Focal, Mosconi, and Illusion Audio.
Hello-

I really want the 80PRS but from what Ive read it wont fit in my C6...until I saw your post and clearly it does. What kit do I need to install it?

Thank you!!!

Jason
Old 12-03-2014, 09:23 AM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

it's nothing fancy...standard GM pocket kit. Find a local audio shop.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:28 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

the important question

does it produce the sound you're after?

install looks great, but, it's been my experience when you spend real cash on car audio there is a certain sound you're going after
Old 12-04-2014, 10:07 AM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by racebum
the important question

does it produce the sound you're after?

install looks great, but, it's been my experience when you spend real cash on car audio there is a certain sound you're going after
I've had multiple world championship builds winning both USAC and IASCA...two different cars...Acura TL and a 87 GN. This vette is better than the Acura and as good tonally as the GN was. I love it. It has volume for days and image and stage is great! Very life like yet I set a tune up last night for jamming that I can cue up on the fly. rocks!

I know exactly what you are saying though. A high end system must be picked by choosing speakers you like. Then you choose amps that match the drivers requirement for power. You want all the drivers to blend tonally...that takes an ear when mixing and matching. Then it comes down to a tuner. Either you if you have a good ear or the shop you trust.

Last edited by grocerygetter; 12-04-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:09 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

I've had multiple world championship builds winning both USAC and IASCA...two different cars...Acura TL and a 87 GN. This vette is better than the Acura and as good tonally as the GN was. I love it. It has volume for days and image and stage is great! Very life like yet I set a tune up last night for jamming that I can cue up on the fly. rocks!

I know exactly what you are saying though. A high end system must be picked by choosing speakers you like. Then you choose amps that match the drivers requirement for power. You want all the drivers to blend tonally...that takes an ear when mixing and matching. Then it comes down to a tuner. Either you if you have a good ear or the shop you trust.
i think amps are the most overlooked portion of high end builds. everyone knows speakers are the lions share of it and one guy may love morel supremo's and the other something like you have.

but amps. there are still people who claim amps are amps and receivers are receivers in HT. i'm not sure if they are tone deaf of what but the #1 reason i've held on to my old phoenix gold ZPA amps is sound. they have a completely different sound than newer gear i've heard. and, well, exotic amps like you have aren't really in the budget lol. is there anything similar those amps sound like? they look extremely well made from what i saw online
Old 12-05-2014, 09:32 AM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by racebum
i think amps are the most overlooked portion of high end builds. everyone knows speakers are the lions share of it and one guy may love morel supremo's and the other something like you have.

but amps. there are still people who claim amps are amps and receivers are receivers in HT. i'm not sure if they are tone deaf of what but the #1 reason i've held on to my old phoenix gold ZPA amps is sound. they have a completely different sound than newer gear i've heard. and, well, exotic amps like you have aren't really in the budget lol. is there anything similar those amps sound like? they look extremely well made from what i saw online
Mosconi is very well made...what's cool is they work like old school Rockford like back in the punch ix and x2 era...when you drop the ohm load they make more power. These amps are way cleaner though. Heck, when I was testing in my previous build I tried to smoke one and couldn't. My 4 channel is a AS200.4...it runs the midbass and the sub. The AS series is where it's at for bang for the buck and great SQ. The two vertically applied amps on the a-pillars (one amp left, one amp right) are Class A series...these are 'exotic' per se. for sure. I can put you in touch with a dealer via pm if you hit me up...but if you want something Mosconi that still sounds great and save a bit more coin...the Mosconi ONE series fits the bill. You can even get a couple of those with sound processing built in too.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:16 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

I think it looks terrible, take it out and sell it to me...lol, I'm trying to get a company around me who does that kind of work, awesome job, can I ask what you paid for the enclosure in the hatch?
Old 12-05-2014, 02:20 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by psp6158
I think it looks terrible, take it out and sell it to me...lol, I'm trying to get a company around me who does that kind of work, awesome job, can I ask what you paid for the enclosure in the hatch?
Thanks! You better call the shop and have them quote it...Mobile Toys, Inc. College Station, TX (979) 268 - 6066.
I don't know if you noticed but everypanel behind the b pillar is 100% fabricated...only the roof latches went back in so the top could still be stored.

Last edited by grocerygetter; 12-05-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:03 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

Thanks! You better call the shop and have them quote it...Mobile Toys, Inc. College Station, TX (979) 268 - 6066.
I don't know if you noticed but everypanel behind the b pillar is 100% fabricated...only the roof latches went back in so the top could still be stored.
It is beautiful, I'm too far away, central Pa., but I think I found a shop who can pull off a set up similar. Congrats on an incredible set up!
Old 01-21-2015, 02:30 PM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

bump for a couple of guys that asked me questions about it.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 high end audio build

Quick Reply: C6 high end audio build