Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Pioneer AVIC Z150BH question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 10:11 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pioneer AVIC Z150BH question.

I had a Pioneer AVIC Z150BH installed last year in my C6. I like the HU overall, and had the installer put in the iPhone cable setup.

I have since changed my phone to an android model, and I want to change out the iPhone cable to an android cable. I have researched the rear of the unit, and near as I can tell there is a specific plug-in port for the iPhone/iPod cable, but I did not see a general/generic/specific HDMI or specific android plug in port.

Can anyone tell me:

1. just how the android cable is to be hooked up? I'm guessing into the iPod port...

2. and other than the cable, and telling the HU that I am using an android device in it's normal setup screen when you set up the device for blue tooth, will I have to do any other programming of the unit to work with the android. The initial installer said he had to use a 'special' install CD to setup for the iPhone, and if I decided to change out the iPhone/iPod cable for an android cable in the future, I'd need to bring it back to him, because he has the 'install CD". I question the need for a special CD.

Any insight is appreciated.

Last edited by J Christensen; 12-05-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:22 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ables/CD-AH200

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC Z150BH question.