Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

08 nav, sound cutting out.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 01:25 AM
flyer469
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 08 nav, sound cutting out.

Hello and thanks in advance....
I have an 08 auto with the stock nav system...sometimes, mostly my left speaker, will cut out if I hit any bump what so ever. Hard turns can also make it cut out. If I give a hit with my right knee to the side of the radio, it will come back on...Seems worse when it is cold outside and radio has been on for a while (30+ minutes). I know something is loose,obviously, but not sure what and how to fix it? I can't be the only one that has had this issue?
Old 12-19-2014, 10:06 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Most likely problem is a broken wire going into the door at the accordion gizmo, but it could be a loose connection anywhere.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:00 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I would start with the door, with the radio on start tapping on door panel and accordion tube and see if you can get it cut out. My guess is a loose or broken wire inside the door panel.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:27 PM
flyer469
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by okie08vette
I would start with the door, with the radio on start tapping on door panel and accordion tube and see if you can get it cut out. My guess is a loose or broken wire inside the door panel.
I Do not think it is at the doors...both speakers do it, but about 90% just the drivers side..,like I said, when it does it, i can hit the console on the side of the radio and it will come back on until the next bump....
thanks
Old 12-20-2014, 10:47 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by flyer469
I Do not think it is at the doors...both speakers do it, but about 90% just the drivers side..,like I said, when it does it, i can hit the console on the side of the radio and it will come back on until the next bump....
thanks
My mistake if both are doing it then that points to the connections at the head unit. Same principal but now you have to gain access to the rear of the head unit which is not that hard. When you have it loose just wiggle the wire bundles one at a time to see if you can locate the loose connector or broken wire. If you cannot make it repeat then the issue may be in the head unit itself.

Get notified of new replies

To 08 nav, sound cutting out.

Quick Reply: 08 nav, sound cutting out.