Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Diagnosing Bose Tweeter on C6

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 11:37 AM
PaCharger
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diagnosing Bose Tweeter on C6

When i bought the car last month, i noticed the passenger side tweeter was shot. Really gets ****** sounding on a phone call.

Bought some replacements for the Bose Tweeters and just popped the door, cut the wires, screwed in the new speaker and went to field test it for sound - make sure i had the right wires to the right sides - and it was ugly, cut out, buzz, etc.... swapped wires, same thing. Went back to the bose speaker - ditto.

Just called Double D, but figured I'd post for any advice or thoughts while the car is disassembled and i consider craft beer or just a miller lite
Old 12-23-2014, 07:05 PM
PaCharger
Advanced

Well, talked to Dennis and he kept me focused on the right path. It wasn't the speaker(s). I tried jumping wire further back the harness but it was still bad. Funny, it was the same on the stock head unit as it is on the new pioneer. At this point it has to be wire between the head unit and the door....unless here is a stop on the way to the dashboard tweeter.

Thoughts?

Btw, for now it is unplugged and put the door back together, tweaked the fader/equalizer and the stereo sounds FAR better!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:31 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

There's an amp between the HU and the speaker

The amp is in the passenger footwell, it's the box all the way to the left.

C6 radio prints are HERE
Old 12-24-2014, 11:49 AM
PaCharger
Advanced

Originally Posted by markcz
There's an amp between the HU and the speaker

The amp is in the passenger footwell, it's the box all the way to the left.

C6 radio prints are HERE
Thanks Mark. I figured there had to be. I may get a shot later today/tomorrow to get in there and test fit the speaker with some wires I have for testing at each connecting point. I'm hoping to see a corroded lead or wire loose, etc....

I'm assuming the amp looks like this :http://cdn3.volusion.com/hqwtp.ewesw...jpg?1390458525
Old 12-24-2014, 12:53 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by PaCharger
I'm assuming the amp looks like this :http://cdn3.volusion.com/hqwtp.ewesw...jpg?1390458525
Yes, but the other side is facing up when installed.

Get notified of new replies

To Diagnosing Bose Tweeter on C6

Quick Reply: Diagnosing Bose Tweeter on C6