Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 Covertible speaker selection

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 02:36 AM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

Default C6 Covertible speaker selection

Any one in Southern Cal (Orange County) have CDT components installed in a C6 or C5?

I am working on a custom install for my C6 convertible. I am looking at JL Audio C5-653 3 way components an CDT MX-362. My C5 coupe has a pair of JL Audio CS 653's that are 10 years old. I am looking for a similar sound. An Arc Audio KS-125.4 is the amp that will be driving these in a bi-amped configuration. 1 ch pair for the mid and tweeter and the other pair for the mid-bass. The head unit will probably be an Alpine.

Also does anyone have experience with the CDT MX-382? this is an 8" 3 way set. I am considering this set if the wolfer is good for use in the doors.

Thanks

Gary
Old 12-29-2014, 10:18 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

According to their web site, CDT is located in Buellton, CA. Could be worth a road trip

I think their 8" would work great in a door. I don't know how they have their passive mid crossovers set, but I would lean towards the 383 over the 382. Just so it could play a touch louder before hitting the low end limit of the mid, but that's just me.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:36 PM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
According to their web site, CDT is located in Buellton, CA. Could be worth a road trip

I think their 8" would work great in a door. I don't know how they have their passive mid crossovers set, but I would lean towards the 383 over the 382. Just so it could play a touch louder before hitting the low end limit of the mid, but that's just me.
I noticed that. Buellton is about a 2.5 hr drive from me. I'll be giving them a call first.

Thanks

Gary

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Covertible speaker selection

Quick Reply: C6 Covertible speaker selection