Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dynomat and Sub

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Aslans
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynomat and Sub

I have a 2000 vert that had a new headunit put in this summer. I want to accomplish two things still for the car:

1. Reduce the heat from the center console - i don't need to make s'mores or keep my coffee warm.

2. Reduce noise when top is up for music and cell phone.

I have been quoted $1K for a complete dynomat install along with a 12" sub and stuff to mount in the center well of the trunk.

Two questions:

1. Does this sound like a fair price?
2. The installer mentioned that if he mounts the sub low so I can replace the stock well cover, I will get vibrations (from the cover). I want to be able to still use the trunk and carry luggage without damaging the sub. I am interested in ya'lls thoughts on this.

Thanks

Last edited by Aslans; 12-30-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:34 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

2 boxes of Dynamat(enought o do entire car) alone will cost you about 375.00 or so
sub ...I would NOT go with a 12 as he will not be able to get anything decent in the box for a 12 as the magnet will never fit due to the angle of the well.
Also what amp is he recommending?
Old 02-01-2015, 01:37 PM
JimInPA
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Aslans
1. Reduce the heat from the center console - i don't need to make s'mores or keep my coffee warm.

2. Reduce noise when top is up for music and cell phone.
I went the lesser expensive route with a pre-cut insulation kit from one of the forum vendors. It made a HUGE difference as far as heat is concerned. It helped a bit with sound. I installed it myself and it was DEFINITELY worth the time and effort.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Aslans
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre cut

Originally Posted by JimInPA
I went the lesser expensive route with a pre-cut insulation kit from one of the forum vendors. It made a HUGE difference as far as heat is concerned. It helped a bit with sound. I installed it myself and it was DEFINITELY worth the time and effort.

C5 Corvette Car Audio Installation - Interior removal and sound dampening PART #4 - YouTube
The biggest area of heat is around the center console. Does it cover that section as well? Are you wble to still use the storage wells in the back?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2015, 04:32 PM
JimInPA
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Aslans
The biggest area of heat is around the center console. Does it cover that section as well? Are you wble to still use the storage wells in the back?

Thanks
The console temp is barely warm now. It worked great. As far as my storage areas go- it does not affect them other than I now have amps and subs filling them up, but that is unrelated to the sound control material.

Get notified of new replies

To Dynomat and Sub

Quick Reply: Dynomat and Sub