Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 Corvette - Changing from factory CD player to Aftermarket, will all speakers work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 03:58 AM
VetteFTW
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Default C5 Corvette - Changing from factory CD player to Aftermarket, will all speakers work?

This might be something asked before (probably so) but it is hard to search for it. My factory CD player won't play CDs anymore, if I got a new head unit do I retain the factory speakers and the bass that they had or is that all contained in the factory unit? I had 2 4th Gen F body's and they lost sub-woofer ability so I am wary to do this. I run an iPod 2 car setup so I'm still doing ok but it would be nice to have something with a USB input so I can use my android phone and hear the navigation on my speakers, plus Blu-tooth integration would be awesome.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:30 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Yes, everything you mentioned is easily done with a new radio and the proper interface adapter

Call DoubleDmods.com, Dennis can get you exactly what you want
Old 01-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Mike Beck
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supposedly the Pioneer head units I am using have Mirror Link, which means they can show exactly what is on my Android phone on the head unit touchscreen. I have not tried to do that yet.

I have used the blue tooth though, that works perfect. Can make and receive phone calls through the head unit without ever looking at my phone. All my phone contacts are available through the head unit.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:42 PM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Anything the factory system can do a correctly configured aftermarket unit can do better. Dennis is your guy.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Corvette - Changing from factory CD player to Aftermarket, will all speakers work?

Quick Reply: C5 Corvette - Changing from factory CD player to Aftermarket, will all speakers work?