Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hands free from iSimple experience??

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 02:06 PM
37pat
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hands free from iSimple experience??

Has anyone tried one of the iSimple Tranzit Blue HF units for hands free calling, as well as streaming // Nav App use?? Looks like a good solution for a C5, but if anyone else has tried it, I'd like to hear about your experience. TIA.

37Pat
Old 02-17-2015, 04:11 PM
37pat
Instructor

I ordered this unit from Amazon today, along with an antenna adaptor kit to help integrate thru GM's non-standard antenna interface, for a grand total that topped out at less than $100.00. I put a head unit in my wife's vert about 5 years ago. It gave her bluetooth, Nav and Serius radio. That adventure wound up at about $800, and I found the Serius radio to be, well, seriously deficient. This iSimple unit will give me all the good stuff, and I'll be able to stream music as well. I will report back after installing and let any interested parties know how it worked out.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:22 PM
37pat
Instructor

I finally got around to installing this yesterday. I trimmed off the four leads to the connector which lead to the AUX plug, which in my C5Z are pretty useless. Tested streaming audio, and hands free phone functions. Still need to test out use of Siri for voice command dialing. So far, this little device is great. Connected power lead to the #10 fuse in the passenger footwell, using an add-a-circuit adapter. I should have attempted adding to the RAP lead to the radio, but I'm not anxious to re-remove the console at this point.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:57 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

You can get RAP in the footwell, but you have to pull up the fuse box.. Details are in post #9 of the C5 audio sticky.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:29 AM
37pat
Instructor

Originally Posted by markcz
You can get RAP in the footwell, but you have to pull up the fuse box.. Details are in post #9 of the C5 audio sticky.
Thanks Mark.

Get notified of new replies

To Hands free from iSimple experience??

Quick Reply: Hands free from iSimple experience??