Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Kicker DS650

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Tombovette
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Kicker DS650

I've had these DS650 Kickers a long time ( 7-8 years ). I never used these and I'm about to do a 7000NEX install ( 06 Z51 , 3LT ). Would anybody know if these would work in place of the Bose. My plan was to use the stock Bose speakers until a later time.
Attached Images   
Old 02-21-2015, 09:17 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

You COULD remove the stock bose sub and twiddler to use them in the doors, but you really don't want to unless you're also planning on an aftermarket amp and a sub in the trunk.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:11 PM
Tombovette
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Kicker DS650

Originally Posted by markcz
You COULD remove the stock bose sub and twiddler to use them in the doors, but you really don't want to unless you're also planning on an aftermarket amp and a sub in the trunk.
Looks like I'm going with a 1200/W 5 channel Kicker. Channel 1 through 4 for the doors & channel 5 to a trunk sub. Rears will be powered through the 7000NEX. Got with Dennis at Double D Mods and said I could do it this way. I'm Still thinking using the DS650s and getting some tweeters for the doors. Would the Coax 650s still work with the tweeters is what I'm wondering.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:29 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

What exact model number for the amp?

The coax 650's already have tweeters included on them. Adding more tweets can be done, but wouldn't make it sound any better.

The coax you have are designed to each use 1 channel of an amp, so 2 channels total for the doors. If you get a 5 channel amp you could get another set of 5.25" coax to install in the back.

Another possibility with the 5-ch amp, instead of 4+1 you could bridge it into 2+1 with double the power to the doors, but your current coax aren't designed for that much power, so you would be best with a new set of components for the doors that could properly use the power.

-OR- you could use the 4 amp channels to go 'active' with a new component set in the doors, but you'd need a line-level crossover to split the signal going into the amp (unless the amp can do it internally, some do some don't).

Get notified of new replies

To Kicker DS650

Quick Reply: Kicker DS650