Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Double D Mods???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:09 PM
rune1500
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double D Mods???

I obtained an xm antenna adapter from this company. Took about a month to get it. I hooked it up and it did not work. I was on the phone with Dennis at Double D several times. I sent pics of the cable and my 2005 C6 vette. After that he said the cable would not work on my car. My vette is no different than the others out there. I have made repeated attempts to get this $40.00 part returned and Dennis is just blowing me off. My next step will be a charge back on my credit card. I hope this is an isolated incident with this company but I doubt it.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:37 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Call me
I have two working phone lines and have no messages from you as called.
608 854 2033
608 854 2034

How are you trying to contact me?

I have no emails from you at all either.

Last edited by Double D Mods; 02-27-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:48 PM
rune1500
Cruising

Default Double D Mods

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
Call me
I have two working phone lines and have no messages from you as called.
608 854 2033
608 854 2034

How are you trying to contact me?

I have no emails from you at all either.
I have called the 608 854 2033 twice and spoke with a lady who said you were busy and she would let you know I called. I have sent numerous text messages and pics to your phone at 608 778 1851. I have asked you to text me back and let me know how I can return this cable. It is my hope that you look at this cable to determine if there has been a defect in the manufacturing. My Corvette is no different from the others of that year. My name is Chris Menzies, 496 Harris Rd, Grand Junction, Colorado 81501.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:14 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I DO NOT do busines via text
I am sorry i ignore every single text that comes in as I have way to many emails private messages ect to do business via text.
Just return it with your name in the box is all you need to do.
I am sorry for the text messages but I will look at a pic here and there is someone sends one but just am not a text person for doing business.

send to
Double D Mods
574 State Road 80
Hazel green Wi 53811

All you simply do is pull the yellow connector from the XM box and connect the cable to it.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:28 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

This thread is a FAIL, Dennis is the best around and takes his profession like no other, not to mention you are not allowed to bash a company like this and the thread will be CLOSED very soon I would think. You should apologize as there are hundreds of more than satisfied customers and his free advise, like he gave you, has been done many times because he loves his job and cars...
Old 03-01-2015, 05:58 AM
muntzwagon
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been working with Dennis on a complete system upgrade and bezel - he's been prompt to return my calls and emails. He's shipping my stuff out here soon and I expect that I'll be another happy customer. From everything I read on here as well as what I've experienced working with him - what you describe is out of the norm and you've probably made assumptions / jumped the gun!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:33 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

To me, it sounds like you are talking about a different vendor. Dennis took plenty of time with me over several phone calls just helping me to decide what equipment to buy and then answered several calls to help me get it hooked up properly. His delivery on parts was on time too. And he corrected a minor billing asap. You need to try contacting him correctly. I can understand this because in my own business I won't answer contacts not done within the way I conduct my own business.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:09 PM
RedySetVette
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

I have nothing but respect for the way Dennis treated me recently. I had him build a complete (higher end) system for me. He was always there anytime I called- including sundays. He told me straight forward what I needed to get and what was overkill. He changed some things out for me and called me and sent emails every step of the way. We are using a 3rd party installer which he is communicating with for me also. A+++ so far. Just pick up the phone and call him- I have never not spoke with him when I called. I have no issues with recommending him at all from half the country away. We spent the good part of an hour going over everything and chatting. He is a great guy with a top notch business.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 716 Likes on 472 Posts

I'm a satisfied customer !!! from me !
Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

First off Dennis is one of the BEST vendors on this forum hands down. If you do a search you will find HUNDREDS of happy customers throughout the forum.

Second - To rune1500 (Chris) you have been on this forum a total of 6 months based on you profile. I would suggest to you that if you want to last around here you learn how to properly do business. Now you may have gotten a bad part, it may be something wrong with your car or another audio part that is causing this cable not to work, but to come on here and bash a supporting vendor who is one of the best to work with is just plain wrong.

Third - Did you do any troubleshooting prior to blaming the cable you bought? Audio systems are most always stright forward and simple troubleshooting can find the problem.

Just some words of wisdom from a middle aged vette lover who has enjoyed the last 9 years on the forum and have seen many come and go and many burn bridges and try to bash people in the process. You may be a great guy but their is a right way and a wrong way to go at things. If you are offended by this post than oh well, maybe it's time to pull up your big boy pants.

Good luck and I hope you sort of the issue you are having with your system.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:29 PM
rune1500
Cruising

Default Double D Mods

Originally Posted by Fast Cop
First off Dennis is one of the BEST vendors on this forum hands down. If you do a search you will find HUNDREDS of happy customers throughout the forum.

Second - To rune1500 (Chris) you have been on this forum a total of 6 months based on you profile. I would suggest to you that if you want to last around here you learn how to properly do business. Now you may have gotten a bad part, it may be something wrong with your car or another audio part that is causing this cable not to work, but to come on here and bash a supporting vendor who is one of the best to work with is just plain wrong.

Third - Did you do any troubleshooting prior to blaming the cable you bought? Audio systems are most always stright forward and simple troubleshooting can find the problem.

Just some words of wisdom from a middle aged vette lover who has enjoyed the last 9 years on the forum and have seen many come and go and many burn bridges and try to bash people in the process. You may be a great guy but their is a right way and a wrong way to go at things. If you are offended by this post than oh well, maybe it's time to pull up your big boy pants.

Good luck and I hope you sort of the issue you are having with your system.
I am sure there are many happy customers out there. I do own a business and would NEVER tell someone I don't do business a certain way, such as texting. I would find a way to make communication easy for my customers. To tell someone that you ONLY do business a certain way means you must have too many to handle and don't want anymore customers. I don't get offended by juvenile comments.
I did make phone calls and left messages that went unanswered. I did test the cable for continuity to make sure it would work. I did hook it up as described by Dennis. When I did get to talk to Dennis he seemed like he was frustrated and frankly was rude. I would love it if the cable worked as advertised. It does not. I have the wire harness and xm module for the aftermarket radio installed. Dennis did finally send me a message to just mail it back and I would get the refund, but it took a post here to get it done.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:15 AM
BarryBum
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I have to weigh in here, Dennis at Double D is one of very few business owners, very busy business owners I may add, that takes the time to talk you through any problem you have on the phone. I have never met Dennis in person, so its not like I'm one of his personal buddies coming to his defense. I am just a customer like everyone else, but he has always taken the time to answer every stupid little question that i've had on my in home installs on the equipment i've bought from him. Class act business and guy all the way.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:48 PM
rune1500
Cruising

Default Double D Mods

Originally Posted by BarryBum
I have to weigh in here, Dennis at Double D is one of very few business owners, very busy business owners I may add, that takes the time to talk you through any problem you have on the phone. I have never met Dennis in person, so its not like I'm one of his personal buddies coming to his defense. I am just a customer like everyone else, but he has always taken the time to answer every stupid little question that i've had on my in home installs on the equipment i've bought from him. Class act business and guy all the way.
I really don't care how busy he is or was or will be. I don't feel he was very helpful at all. My radio is hooked up with all the proper harnesses and the xm module. I asked him (via text) if he had a different fix and when I got NO response so I called twice and was told he would call back...that did NOT happen either. Heck when I originally tried to purchase this cable he forgot I called and I had to call back again to get him to order it. When It did not arrive in about 2 weeks I called again and was told by his receptionist that it was coming from China and had not arrived yet. Another two weeks goes by and finally got it in the mail. I have returned it, it is in the mail, when I get my money back I will be satisfied and done with the whole thing.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Tombovette
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone smell something burning ????
Old 03-06-2015, 09:49 AM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Tombovette
Anyone smell something burning ????
No.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Chris'C5
Intermediate

I have to say something on this thread. Dennis has been nothing but helpful and the best customer service I have ever dealt with. He explained the timelines on my custom bezel and has given me the best deals on my SQ system that I could find anywhere. (Watch for my build thread coming up.) When I got stuck on a silly little piece of my install, I did first read on this site and the internet for the solution, and still couldnt get my Pac Oem1 right, due to my error, he still took the time to listen and talk it out with me. I could only imagine how many times he has had to talk people like me through the simplest little things, and yet he was still patient and helpful in his busy day.

Thanks Dennis, I am a repeat customer and will keep spreading the good word! I really appreciate you and your business!
Old 03-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Ruffian5
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BarryBum
I agree, Dennis sold me a Kenwood 992 and spoke to me on a Sunday about the install and what rearview camera I would need. He is a real honest guy and he talked me out of a 300 dollar purchase and pointed me to a competitors website because they had a better product. And he saved me money on some install parts because he gave me the model number and I got it on ebay. Nice guy, if I ever meet him, I'll buy him a couple beers!! Yes, he may not answer his text messages timely enough but just call him and he'll take good care of you. I'll definitely be doing future business with Dennis.

Get notified of new replies

To Double D Mods???

Old 03-10-2015, 09:19 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I also want to say Dennis is the best, OP I think you just got a bad part and missed connections I know for a fact Dennis stands by anything he sells and know he will work out your issue. As others have said he is the best vendor here, IMO.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:49 PM
jph1972
Instructor

Dennis is top notch in my book. He took my call and answered my tech question even though it was a product I did not buy from him. I did however buy the sub woofer, enclosure and AMP from him last month and he is modifying my bezel this month.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:26 PM
MrMagic
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Dennis has always done well by me!

Originally Posted by jph1972
Dennis is top notch in my book. He took my call and answered my tech question even though it was a product I did not buy from him. I did however buy the sub woofer, enclosure and AMP from him last month and he is modifying my bezel this month.
This was a shocker! I wonder if he is talking about the same Dennis. He has always done just fine by me!

Quick Reply: Double D Mods???