Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 aftermarket radio wiring HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 10:02 PM
maryvillept
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 aftermarket radio wiring HELP

Okay I've tried looking and searching and cannot figure out what to do. I have an 07 with base radio non Bose and non-nav. No onstar as far as I know. Ordered a pioneer radio from crutch field and they sent a Gmos-04 wiring harness. My confusion is do I need the black box which I assume is for onstar equipment? I have the extra relay and understand that wiring.

The large gray plug will connect to c6 radio harness. The top black plug goes to the black box with radio harness (onstar). I have no clue where the small gray and small black plug connect. Are they not used for my application? And the 3.5 mm audio plug, no idea where it goes.

Thanks in advance. Radios have changed since I was younger.
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2015, 10:22 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 244 Posts

You will see the Onstar button on your rearview mirror if you have it.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:25 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 244 Posts

I used the C2RGM24 which works for no Onstar, and with or without Bose.
Markcz can help you...

Last edited by bartsky; 03-06-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:57 PM
maryvillept
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a beer I have a little more concentration. The small 12 pin is for steering wheel controls so I won't use. Still not sure where the 12 pin gray plug goes. I have the rest figured out. After reading further, it appears you still wire thru the black box with or without onstar.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:52 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

You do need to use the box.

Connect speaker output wires from new HU to same color wires of gmos. Same with black, yellow, red wires.

You don't have to wire in the relay if you bypass the box and connect HU blue/white "amp remote" wire directly to wire at pin B3 of the 24 pin harness that connects to the car (relay is there because gmos can't always handle the current draw that the stock amp requires on the trigger wire, the new HU can handle it just fine, so bypass the box and relay isn't needed).

Orange wire in gmos is useless, for dimmer wire you need to tap the gray/black wire under the TC/AH button.

If you have rear view camera you can find reverse signal in footwell, see post #2 HERE

Other plugs aren't needed in your car.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 aftermarket radio wiring HELP

Quick Reply: C6 aftermarket radio wiring HELP