Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

PAC ROEM vs AOEM

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 09:44 AM
tommypenguin
Drifting

Received 377 Likes on 187 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default PAC ROEM vs AOEM

Hey guys, apologies for the dumb question. Car audio install is an area I feel little comfort and have a lot to learn.

I'm going to be installing a 5 channel amp over the next week and a 10" stealth sub box and sub. I am already running an aftermarket deck with the PAC-ROEM-VET1. I have read the the PAC-AOEM-VET1 is needed for an aftermarket amp but it says to use it if I am retaining the factory hud.

Do I need a different harness or am I good with the ROEM-VET1 since I'm running an aftermarket deck? I figured I'll be fine with the ROEM-VET1 since I'll run the RCAs from the aftermarket deck to the amp and the speaker wires from the amp to the speakers. Thanks for helping me out.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:59 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

You actually don't need either adapter if you're replacing everything with aftermarket, but since your aftermarket HU is already hooked up through the ROEM I'd just leave it there.

You can cut/remove the speaker level wires at the harness, but you don't need to since you're removing the oem speakers.

Connect the six channels of HU RCA's and the HU amp trigger wire to the new amp and you're all set to run the new speaker wires
Old 03-17-2015, 11:15 AM
tommypenguin
Drifting

Very much appreciated for the help. The amp/sub/box are arriving this Friday. Already had upgrade the speakers previously. The goal is to have all my wiring on a tee so to say and only have to mount my amp when it arrives and plug into there.

Thus far I have ran the power and ground to the amp. Mounted the ground under one of the back seat brackets. I also ran the speaker wire for the back two speakers. Need to pick up some wire connectors for the speaker wire and I should be all good.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:27 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

What speakers are currently in the doors, and what will the new amp be powering in the doors?
Old 03-18-2015, 09:24 AM
tommypenguin
Drifting

Up front I'm running polk db351 and in the rear db651. The amp will power those in addition to a 10" RF sub. I don't expect a lot of balance from this system as it is now. I wish I would have ponied up from the get go and gone amplified and skipped the subtle upgrade over stock step.

I ran all 3 sets of RCAs, the remote wire and hooked up the two rear speakers with the new wire connectors. Planning on going through the door accordion up front for those and I'm done running wire. Hoping that when the amp arrives, I only have to cut the plywood to size, liquid nail it into place, plug all wires in and it fires up. Eventually I will go with focal component 6.5" and a separate tweeter up front in a few months.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:33 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by tommypenguin
Eventually I will go with focal component 6.5" and a separate tweeter up front in a few months.
You'll have to turn the front amp gain way down to prevent distortion at higher volumes with the 3.5's. Don't expect super results at first, but once you install the components and tune it properly it should sound great.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:21 PM
tommypenguin
Drifting

Originally Posted by markcz
You'll have to turn the front amp gain way down to prevent distortion at higher volumes with the 3.5's. Don't expect super results at first, but once you install the components and tune it properly it should sound great.
That experiment didn't last long. The fronts didn't sound terrible but they didn't sound good either. Couldn't get a lot of volume out of them before hitting distortion.

I went ahead and ordered a set of MBQUART RCM216 and a couple of mounting plates from srqcustoms. Planning on mounting the crossovers on the plate if they will fit with the 30mm tweeter. I read some people have mounted their crossovers under the seats which might be the location I go with if I run out of real estate.

Also picked up vettenuts insulation kit to slap in there while I have the door panels off for the 50th time.

Get notified of new replies

To PAC ROEM vs AOEM

Quick Reply: PAC ROEM vs AOEM