Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need Advise $500 Budget build

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 09:49 AM
gtp'n
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Advise $500 Budget build

I am thinking about replacing the Bose system in my 94. I have no clue what to get and I keep changing my mind. So I am looking advise. I would like to keep everything stock looking except for the head unit.

For the head unit I would like it to have Bluetooth, Pandora control, and be able to play from usb. I want a double din unit. I would like to stick with the mainstream brands (Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine)I am thinking that I like the touch screen models. I like the fact that all the models that I am looking at have a usb port on the back so I can hide the usb port in the console.

I have no clue about speakers. I am thinking 6x9 in the back and 5 1/4 in the front. I will be making new front and rear enclosures out of wood for both stock locations.

I am not sure if I should get a small amp to run the speakers or not. If I do I would like to hide that also.

I will be doing the install myself.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Call Dennis

A touch screen double din with all of your requirements will take up most of your budget, but you should be able to come in under $600 with a mid-grade 4-channel amp
Old 04-02-2015, 04:58 AM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gtp'n
I am thinking about replacing the Bose system in my 94. I have no clue what to get and I keep changing my mind. So I am looking advise. I would like to keep everything stock looking except for the head unit.

For the head unit I would like it to have Bluetooth, Pandora control, and be able to play from usb. I want a double din unit. I would like to stick with the mainstream brands (Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine)I am thinking that I like the touch screen models. I like the fact that all the models that I am looking at have a usb port on the back so I can hide the usb port in the console.

I have no clue about speakers. I am thinking 6x9 in the back and 5 1/4 in the front. I will be making new front and rear enclosures out of wood for both stock locations.

I am not sure if I should get a small amp to run the speakers or not. If I do I would like to hide that also.

I will be doing the install myself.
Ok so for your budget, its hard to keep mainstraim with HU. Pioneer is a good affordable brand. I think you could pick up a HU for about 250-300. As for the speakers, do Pioneer too. They are actually really good speakers. They have components from lie 70 a set. Personally, Ive always had Pioneer speakers, amps and HU with no issues at all

Get notified of new replies

To Need Advise $500 Budget build

Quick Reply: Need Advise $500 Budget build