Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 aftermarket NAV system and HUD system

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 10:35 PM
daveshea
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 aftermarket NAV system and HUD system

I am considering the purchase of a C6 convertible to replace my C5 convertible. I understand that on C6 cars with the factory NAV system and HUD, the NAV system integrates with the HUD to show turn directions in the Head Up Display.

I understand that an aftermarket system cannot provide this level of integration with the HUD, but want to be sure that replacing the factory NAV system with an aftermarket system, such as from Kenwood, does not in some way disable the Head Up Display completely.

Everything else about the HUD would still work? I'd just lose the directions in the HUD if I get an aftermarket system?
Old 04-01-2015, 02:59 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by daveshea
Everything else about the HUD would still work? I'd just lose the directions in the HUD if I get an aftermarket system?
Correct

All other functions (steering wheel control, chimes, OnStar....) can also be retained with the proper adapter. The ONLY con to replacing the stock radio in a C6 is losing the Nav data on HUD.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:29 PM
GrandSport2012
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daveshea
I am considering the purchase of a C6 convertible to replace my C5 convertible. I understand that on C6 cars with the factory NAV system and HUD, the NAV system integrates with the HUD to show turn directions in the Head Up Display.

I understand that an aftermarket system cannot provide this level of integration with the HUD, but want to be sure that replacing the factory NAV system with an aftermarket system, such as from Kenwood, does not in some way disable the Head Up Display completely.

If you are looking to purchase a Kenwood NAV unit (or other brand) contact Dennis at Double D Mods. He has really good prices and can help answer almost any question you have.
I just purchased a Kenwood DNN992 from him and I can tell you I am very pleased.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 aftermarket NAV system and HUD system

Quick Reply: C6 aftermarket NAV system and HUD system