Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

V1 with V1.8.A-Pop2 with Euro still effective?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 11:01 AM
hillmanj08
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V1 with V1.8.A-Pop2 with Euro still effective?

I negotiated with someone on craigslist down to $150 for a V1 with this version. I don't know much about detectors. Is it still effective? the upgrade is $289. So I could just buy a new one if it isn't effective anymore.

From the website:
"Upgrade Recommendation: You already have our best performer on radar and laser, enhanced by crystal-controlled frequency tuning. More recent V1s, however, have additional features. If you drive abroad, you will appreciate our Improved Euro Mode which increases protection on photo radar as it is used in some countries outside the U.S. Extended Serial Protocol (ESP) enables two-way communication with SAVVY and V1connection. You'll also get Traffic Monitor Filter to block false alarms caused by SpeedInfo (www.speedinfo.com), a traffic-flow monitoring system that sends frequent K-band radar bursts into the traffic stream, and Junk-K Fighter to eliminate false alarms caused by lane-change warning systems in some newer cars. If you drive in an area with SpeedInfo, this upgrade will pay off immediately."

Quick Reply: V1 with V1.8.A-Pop2 with Euro still effective?