Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bose 6 CD changer is jammed

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 04:58 AM
Salt
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Bose 6 CD changer is jammed

Recently my stock Bose 6 CD player has a jammed disc, When driving I never use the radio, I only listen to my CD's so this is a definite bummer. My question is this, Is it worth my trying to remove the jammed disc, involving removal of the center console, removal of the radio unit face plate? Or would it be more feasible to upgrade and just replace with an aftermarket unit? Another option would be hooking up a ipod, iphone adapter and forego the CD player altogether? Sorry for the confusing questions, I'm currently going thru one of those life changing issues and find myself grateful to retain the vette but funds are currently tight. I have installed a number of aftermarket systems in the past, older cars, I hesitate to jump into the vette, not wanting to screw up the complex electrical system, but am willing to try. I appreciate any advice here. My car is a 06 with the stock Bose AM/FM 6 CD player, no satellite radio, no nav. I do have a HUD,
Old 04-20-2015, 11:31 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Pulling the dash isn't very hard, illustrated instructions are in the sticky threads.

If I'm remembering right, there's a link arm inside the changer mechanism that prob just needs greased. You cam prob find instructions on youtube if not on this forum.

If funds are tight I'd try a DIY fix before considering any new equipment.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Salt
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
Pulling the dash isn't very hard, illustrated instructions are in the sticky threads.

If I'm remembering right, there's a link arm inside the changer mechanism that prob just needs greased. You cam prob find instructions on youtube if not on this forum.

If funds are tight I'd try a DIY fix before considering any new equipment.
Thanks for the confidence booster Mark, I'll do some research then dive in. If unsuccessful I can move on to replace the head unit, Thanks again,

Get notified of new replies

To Bose 6 CD changer is jammed

Quick Reply: Bose 6 CD changer is jammed