Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 ragtop rear speaker quiet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 05:23 PM
erniejade
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 ragtop rear speaker quiet?

First post here. Last year I bought an 07 c6 ragtop. This has the Bose stereo in it. The rear speakers are very quiet and kind of muffled. When I asked the dealer bout this he said they are supposed to be quiet. If I have the fader all the way to the front, its fine but to the rear, i can hardly hear them parked with the top up!

So,,, just wondering if the dealer didnt know what he was talking about? Are they supposed to be very quiet? The fronts are way louder. I understand the fronts are bigger but, the rear on the ragtop is close to your ears so I figured they should be louder? With the top down doing 70 it is hard to hear the radio at all.

Thanks all for the sanity check.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:43 PM
erniejade
3rd Gear

Never Mind. I found this here.

"The C6 rears aren't even in stereo, they're just low-volume mono fill to accent the fronts. All of the bass comes from the powered "subs" in the doors.

The signal coming out of the HU is full spectrum and full volume on the rears, it's the Bose amp that does the 'conditioning'."

That kind of stinks especially in the ragtop. Since the rears are closer to your head with the wind, if the rears being a bit more powerful then they are would make one heck of a difference with the top down.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:21 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

If you want to significantly increase the volume you'll have to swap out the stock amp & speaker setup with aftermarket.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:42 PM
erniejade
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by markcz
If you want to significantly increase the volume you'll have to swap out the stock amp & speaker setup with aftermarket.
Thanks. I am finding out more and more on the c6 on this forum.
After the stereo, i think my next stop will be a WindRestrictor.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:01 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

When I orig, added just a new pioneer head unit, I gained a lot of volume compared to stock unit...

Get notified of new replies

To C6 ragtop rear speaker quiet?

Quick Reply: C6 ragtop rear speaker quiet?