Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

DNX692 install complete

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:27 AM
clearwaterms
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Default DNX692 install complete

I took advantage of the Kenwood sale that Dennis had and ordered a DNX692. Dennis pre-wired it (which is an awesome service, thank you) and all I had to do was splice a single wire (very easy) and snake the mic up to the a-pillar.

few follow up questions.

#1 - the metro adapter that holds the radio only appeared to have 2 screws on each side that lined up. I could have recessed the radio about 1/4" and then it would have had like 4 on each side. Its secure with 4 screws, is that normal?

#2 - the wireharness & pac adapter was a tight fit back in the dash, I wiggled it into a spot behind the HVAC controls but still to get everything to fit, I was only able to get it so that the stereo would sit about 1/2" away and then used the screws to snug it in. It's flush now, and everything works but having never taking the corvette apart, do I have to worry about the wires being a little snug?

#3 - On the Mic line, I was able to remove the a pillar and snake the wire behind that all the way to the base, and then stuff it under the driver side kick panel and into the back of the radio, but how do you remove those side dash panels to hide it between those two spots?

#4 - how can I make the door chime quieter? I understand that there is a way through the DIC, does that work with the PAC? if so how do I do that.

Quick Reply: DNX692 install complete