Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please help. "CD Mech Error"

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 06:09 PM
bluecollarC6
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please help. "CD Mech Error"

So I recently purchased a 2005 with the non-nav head unit that does have XM as well as 6 disc cd changer.

Stupid me never tested the cd player prior to purchase. Anytime I touch a button associated with the cd function I get "CD MECH ERROR". Can anyone tell me what might have happened and a possible solution?

Also, I have seen some write ups on how to add AUX to navigation units, but I can't seem to find one for mine. Any links or suggestions would be great. I will upgrade to aftermarket if necessary.

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:21 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I remember seeing a post explaining something about a link arm that just needs to be greased to fix that issue, but have no idea where it is. If you pull the radio and take it apart it would prob be obvious if a CD is stuck or a link arm is broken.

Since you have XM you can tap the wires and install a headphone jack wire that you can plug in to any MP3 player as an audio source, but the HU would be displaying the XM info and you'd have to control it from the device.

You could also get THIS ADAPTER which would give you direct control from the stock HU on an iPod.

Or call Dennis and go aftermarket

Quick Reply: Please help. "CD Mech Error"