Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Blank radio/NAV screen on '05

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Old Ben
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 98 Posts
2017 C6 of Year Finalist

Default Blank radio/NAV screen on '05

Had to go to town this morning and when I started the Vette the screen was blank but the radio was playing on the station I had left it on. After about a minute the emblem came on dimly, slowly brightened and then slowly dimmed. It kept doing this at about a two to three minute cycle.

Pushed the radio button to see if turning it off and back on would correct the problem. The radio would not turn off. Turned the **** to see if that would have any effect. There was no change in volumn until I had turned the **** about half way around and then it suddenly went really high. Turned the **** back and it took the half way turn for the volumn to suddenly get very low. Finally got the volumn to a normal level. During all this time the emblem was doing the appear then disappear thing.

Turned the car off and disconnected the battery for about a minute but there was no change when I reconnected it and restarted the car.

As it is an '05 it is not included in the TSB for the 07-09 models. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Should I disconnect the battery for a longer time?

Quick Reply: Blank radio/NAV screen on '05