Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

OBD II Adaptors

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 03:39 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Default OBD II Adaptors

I have two different apps on my Samsung Galaxy S5 that I cannot seem to get to work. I purchased an OBD II ELM327 from Amazon based on the link supplied here on the forum about a app called Torque. When I could not get that one to work, I found another app called DashCommand. It to is giving me trouble. I am thinking that the OBD device is the issue and it is not compatible with version 5 of the android.

Is anyone here using either of these app and is the version 5.0 possible the issue. Also can you possible tell me a good OBD device that is Bluetooth and will work for these?
Old 07-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Trios
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
I have two different apps on my Samsung Galaxy S5 that I cannot seem to get to work. I purchased an OBD II ELM327 from Amazon based on the link supplied here on the forum about a app called Torque. When I could not get that one to work, I found another app called DashCommand. It to is giving me trouble. I am thinking that the OBD device is the issue and it is not compatible with version 5 of the android.

Is anyone here using either of these app and is the version 5.0 possible the issue. Also can you possible tell me a good OBD device that is Bluetooth and will work for these?
My bluetooth OBD2 works fine with my S5 on Lollypop running Torque. Where are you having problems? Pairing? Getting Torque to connect? If it's the former, you should post something up on XDA in the Galaxy S5 section to see if they can help; if the latter, you may have better luck on the Torque forums.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:29 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Trios
My bluetooth OBD2 works fine with my S5 on Lollypop running Torque. Where are you having problems? Pairing? Getting Torque to connect? If it's the former, you should post something up on XDA in the Galaxy S5 section to see if they can help; if the latter, you may have better luck on the Torque forums.
First off thanks for the reply.

I am beginning to believe it is the OBD II device. I also have DashCommand and it also does not connect. The device is paired to my phone and i have gone through both products help section (Torque and DashCommand) and set them up also. Sometimes the DashCommand connects, but within a few minutes drops off. I have read that some of teh OBD II devices are not very good. So I am trying to find one that will work with either of the apps.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:59 AM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default OBD II Adaptors

I use the go point Bluetooth adapter works with dash command and with track addict in my C5

Get notified of new replies

To OBD II Adaptors

Quick Reply: OBD II Adaptors