Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New system in C6

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 07:38 AM
kennya35
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default New system in C6

Began my new system install yesterday. Most of the interior is out, sound deadening done in the trunk, backup camera installed, and a little bit of misc wiring. Still have to take the door panels off and apply sound deadening. I'm not good at taking and posting pics of the work I do, but Ill try to post pics when I can.

Kenwood DDX9902S
RP5GM11 harness
Metra dash kit
Kenwood XR900/5 5 channel mini amp
Morel Tempo Ultra 602 6.5
Morel Maximo Coax 5 5.25
Morel primo driver
Side Stealth Sub box
Esky EC180-19 back-up camera

Thanks Dennis!!! (Double D Mods)

Last edited by kennya35; 07-18-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:04 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Keep us posted has it comes along....
Old 07-31-2015, 08:04 AM
kennya35
Pro

Well, you can see I'm not real good about keeping things up to date. As of yesterday around noon, I started putting the interior back in the car! This took a lot longer than I wanted, but we have had things going on every weekend and its been hovering around 100 degrees each evening when I get off work, so I haven't had a whole lot of time to mess with it. I stopped last night around 7 because I was about to throw the passenger side trim into the street and run over it. This is the piece that you step over when exiting the car. I figure there is just something I'm not seeing that is keeping it from aligning up correctly. Everything else has went back in without a problem. I have only broke one part, one of the little pins that hold the rear speaker trim to the halo trim piece. I also stripped out both circle plugs that go on the rear wall. So other than those minor problems, this has went very smooth!

I did a couple of tests before putting the interior back in and wow, it is going to sound awesome! The hard part for me is going to be making the correct adjustments between the head unit eq and the amp. I don't really understand the settings on the amp, so I probably need to do some research.

Dennis (Double D Mods) has been fabulous! Ive had several questions through this process and he has answered my emails within 10 or 15 minutes! My wife an I are celebrating our 11th anniversary today, so we are going to Denton, Tx (long story) for the evening, so hopefully when we get back tomorrow, I can finish it up!

A big thank you to Dennis and another for this forum! I don't know how many times i got on here to see how to solve something that I ran into. Ill try to post some pics after everything is back in order.

Last edited by kennya35; 07-31-2015 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:10 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

How long did it take to receive your system after it was ordered? I've already installed some fatmat in the car but did not add it to the doors. Do you think it's worth the trouble to pull the door panels just to add more sound deadening?
Old 08-06-2015, 10:02 AM
kennya35
Pro

Originally Posted by hydrasport
How long did it take to receive your system after it was ordered? I've already installed some fatmat in the car but did not add it to the doors. Do you think it's worth the trouble to pull the door panels just to add more sound deadening?
It took a little while because I ordered the brand new Kenwood and he didn't have them in stock yet. However, once it was in stock, I received it pretty quickly.

As far as the doors and sound deadening, I think it is worth it although, I should have added more to mine. I added a one foot by 3 foot piece on the inside (outer skin) of each door and it did make a difference, although, I should pop the panels again and add more to the inside skin (the area closest to the driver/passenger). Overall, the car sounds much more solid with the deadener, very pleased with it, just need to add more.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:27 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Doing the doors definitely makes a big difference. I added dampening material to the outer and inner skins, put a cover plate over the big hole in the inner skin, and then put a barrier layer over the inside of the inner skin.

It made a huge difference in the overall road noise. I had already done the rear hatch area to kill the drone from my SLP exhaust, but the doors let in a bunch of road noise.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:17 AM
kennya35
Pro

I didn't add any to the big hole in the door, just left the OEM piece that GM uses. I have plenty of deadening material left, so i should do that. I put as much as I could in the trunk area, but it isn't enough to quiet down my Billy Boat exhaust to much...lol...

Get notified of new replies

To New system in C6

Quick Reply: New system in C6