Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Kenwood DDX9902S Bluetooth option?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 12:01 PM
tc_rain
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kenwood DDX9902S Bluetooth option?

Just wondering how good the hands-free phone option works onthe Kenwood DDX9902s head unit? My workvehicle which is a 2015 Ford Escape has Bluetooth and I was looking for a comparison if someone is familiar.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:25 PM
STL_Hokie
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tc_rain
Just wondering how good the hands-free phone option works onthe Kenwood DDX9902s head unit? My workvehicle which is a 2015 Ford Escape has Bluetooth and I was looking for a comparison if someone is familiar.
My Murano has factory Bluetooth and I put a Kenwood DNX572BH in my Vette last month. The reliability and sound quality are just as good with the Kenwood as they are with the Bose system in the Murano.

Last edited by STL_Hokie; 08-01-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:05 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the 9902s ordered. I'll let you know how it is when I get it installed.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:37 AM
Curt D
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Had mine for 2 week....but its just sitting on the bench lol. Im hoping to have it in by Tuesday or wed.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:20 PM
spra4u
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Bought the Kenwood DDX 9902S from Dennis at DoubleD Mods. The Bluetooth hands free works great. 👍🏻
Old 08-07-2015, 07:47 PM
hydrasport
Pro

On your 9902s where did you put the mic for best highway conversation location? I put mine over the rear view mirror but haven't finished the install.
And if you have a backup camera, did you have to run a wire for the purple reverse signal wire?
Old 08-07-2015, 08:29 PM
spra4u
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrasport
On your 9902s where did you put the mic for best highway conversation location? I put mine over the rear view mirror but haven't finished the install.
And if you have a backup camera, did you have to run a wire for the purple reverse signal wire?
That's one thing on my list to do. I put it on the visor for now. It sounds great. The back up camera will be installed in the next couple months when the temperature comes down. I just finished replacing all the speakers, installed HU, amp and a 10" sub. So the thought of taking the new HU out again in this heat is not sitting well right now.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:32 PM
hydrasport
Pro

You might want to find out if the purple "camera" wire must be hooked up with the camera that you get before you start that job. I just finished up and everything was all back together. Now I have no rear view camera. I guess I'll have to go run another wire tomorrow.
Never had to add a wire to the radio for a backup camera, I always powered the camera by the reverse light only. I guess this radio has to have a signal that the car is in reverse.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:58 AM
cgreen29@cfl.rr.com
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ddx9902s

Originally Posted by tc_rain
I purchased a double D mod console and just this week installed a Kenwood DDX9902S into my C5. Great decision compared to my other aftermarket single din radio. Display is great in bright sunny Florida conditions and Bluetooth telephone works very well. Telephone directory and call histories load fast as well. Very nice to have a DTMF keypad on a screen. My first two received calls required a DTMF keypad response. Great timing. Now I need to work on the sound. Either the Bose amps or the speakers are slightly distorted (Same on previous radio), more noticeable with talk radio even with the equalizer set to normal. Anyway, I would think that anyone installing this radio would enjoy it without regrets. Now if I can only figure out what additional features I'd get from the dongle that will be released in October....
Old 08-08-2015, 08:27 PM
tc_rain
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the input, I think this is exactly what I am looking for.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:13 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I installed the 9902S. Purchased everything from Dennis at Double D. Super guy to work with. Agree the hands free works great. I put the mic right next to the stock mic for the onstar on the A-pillar.

I also did a front and rear camera and connected the C6 stock location USB input to the head unit USB input.

I hope to write up a few pointers tomorrow with a few pictures.

Great unit and Dennis is a great vendor.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:16 PM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cgreen29@cfl.rr.com
Now if I can only figure out what additional features I'd get from the dongle that will be released in October....
Details? What dongle?
Old 08-17-2015, 06:24 PM
cgreen29@cfl.rr.com
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dongle

Originally Posted by LeibosVette
Details? What dongle?
There is an HDMI dongle that will make my Samsung S5 wirelessly mirrored. No USB cable to hook up, just an app to run on the phone. I understand it will be available in October of 2015 and effectively allow you to do on the head what you can do on your phone....but not 100% sure.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Curt D
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by cgreen29@cfl.rr.com
There is an HDMI dongle that will make my Samsung S5 wirelessly mirrored. No USB cable to hook up, just an app to run on the phone. I understand it will be available in October of 2015 and effectively allow you to do on the head what you can do on your phone....but not 100% sure.
That's my understanding as well. It just allows the phone to communicate wirelessly.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:33 PM
bartsky
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrasport
You might want to find out if the purple "camera" wire must be hooked up with the camera that you get before you start that job. I just finished up and everything was all back together. Now I have no rear view camera. I guess I'll have to go run another wire tomorrow.
Never had to add a wire to the radio for a backup camera, I always powered the camera by the reverse light only. I guess this radio has to have a signal that the car is in reverse.
I ran my purple reverse wire to reverse light fuse in the passenger footwell.

Get notified of new replies

To Kenwood DDX9902S Bluetooth option?

Quick Reply: Kenwood DDX9902S Bluetooth option?