Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Back up camera with audible alert?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Back up camera with audible alert?

Just bought a new Radio for my old work truck, it has an output for a reverse camera. I am trying to find one that will give me a audible beeping sound when I get close to an object when backing up as well (all I can find are ones with a grid pattern)? Does anyone have a source for something like this?
Thanks for any help...
Old 08-04-2015, 07:13 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

They make a backup camera system that has an audible alert with a camera, but it is a stand alone system. I know of no one that offers that option in just the camera.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:27 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

Are you looking for some thing to alert people that you are backing up or to warn you when you get close to something? There are little beepers you can buy for when you shift into reverse, kind of like you hear on big trucks. If you're looking to alert you as you get close to something, on Amazon there are kits consisting of those little sensors you see mounted in the rear bumpers of new cars with an audible alert you mount inside. You have to drill holes in your bumper and then you can paint the sensors to match. The kits run around $100..
Old 08-17-2015, 09:16 PM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

i have done NO research on this product , nor have i discussed it with anyone that has one.... but it sorta sounds like what you are interested in. there are probably other products like this, i happened to stumble across this a week back.....

Hopkins Rear View Camera with Backup Sensors - 2-1/2" LCD

Get notified of new replies

To Back up camera with audible alert?

Quick Reply: Back up camera with audible alert?