Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 Double Din Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Vette310
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C5 Double Din Bezel

I finally bit the bullet and shipped out my bezel to have it fit a Double Din Kenwood. I'm really excited and have my fingers crossed hoping it comes out as good as it looks in the pictures they have. Dennis gave me an ETA of 4-5 weeks I will keep everyone posted. Since the car is down I'm insulating and sound deadening the complete interior.

Is there anything else I should/could do to quiet down the interior in a C5 convertible.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:39 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Just began my install this past weekend... Dennis is awesome...

Installing HVAC today...
Old 10-01-2015, 01:13 PM
sampaschal
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Double Din by Dennis

Originally Posted by Vette310
I finally bit the bullet and shipped out my bezel to have it fit a Double Din Kenwood. I'm really excited and have my fingers crossed hoping it comes out as good as it looks in the pictures they have. Dennis gave me an ETA of 4-5 weeks I will keep everyone posted. Since the car is down I'm insulating and sound deadening the complete interior.

Is there anything else I should/could do to quiet down the interior in a C5 convertible.
I gutted my 03 vert too...all the interior trim, carpet, door panels, seats, speakers etc. etc. are pulled. I have gone the "cheap" route of overlaying all the exposed interior surfaces, doors, floor, tunnel....with double foil faced foam ( available any big box DIY store). Waiting on Dennis to ship me my speakers, amp, head unit, bezel...etc. I noticed a distinct difference in the sound of a door closing already..Not much cost involved, like a lot of these things, time and labor intensive...Good luck with yours!! Excited to start piecing it back together...

Last edited by sampaschal; 10-01-2015 at 01:14 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-01-2015, 11:51 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Did my entire trunk, over the wheel tubs and all the forward to the shelf, plus the steel pan under the carpet behind the seats - covered with RaamAudio RAAMmat BXT II in my '04Z, and its a night and day difference. Could not hold a normal conversation at speed before, now I can have the tunes blasting, windows down and doing over 70 mph and hold a normal conversation. Next I'll do the doors this winter. Its easy to pull the rear carpet up for access and wipe down with some alcohol, then apply wide and narrow strips as needed.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Double Din Bezel

Quick Reply: C5 Double Din Bezel